• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I just put 3 pinkies in the freezer *cries*

azzagoth said:
Wouldn't that create a big mess with the pinkies? Splatter everywhere I mean

Nope everything stays clean, if it splattered I wouldn't do it :smash: lol the only evidence of the killing is if you touch the head it's mushy. but nothing comes out of the skin itself.

I just want to say to the original poster of the thread. I SO KNOW how you feel. I was going to the pet store & ordering the guys to freeze them for me & it was hard! Very hard. I order mine frozen now & I can't say that's its any easier. But I hope that you see you are doing this for your pet to survive. Not sure if there is any peace in knowing that. I know I haven't found it, but my hubby tries to help me view it this way. I just wish our little guys could eat like dogs & cats do, have it already processed. YUCK! Anyway, just want to let you know I so know how you feel. I feel this way when making a chicken/turkey/hen for my family. :rolleyes:

Take care sweetie!

I don't think it is ever enjoyeable or easy...you just learn to switch off and also take comfort in knowing that you are doing it for the good of your snakes. That's how I look at it. :) It helps!

Well, as someone has already pointed out, Please dont just stick live pinkies in the Frezer, Because it's Sick. The Poor thing freezes to death. But... I don't feel anything really when I use to feed my Corn Snake, But only because they were already dead.

Loves Rats mentioned..

I don't believe in "animal rights", but I DO think that NO living creature is a "justa" and that even the smallest of lives deserve some respect.

Thank you, that was one of the wiser things said.. Yes, we freeze our own pinkies.. Have to, and I won't apologize for it.. IMHO, for pinkies, it is likely the most humane way to go.. You cannot gas newborn pinks.. It is not effective, so they are frozen off or fed off live.. Never a very nice feeling, but I respect their lives and thier colonies lives.. I personally don't give a damn if you think I am wrong or right in my methods, but its not like the baby corns can eat peas and corn..

Of course the post also had this wise one mentioning..

Well, as someone has already pointed out, Please dont just stick live pinkies in the Frezer, Because it's Sick. The Poor thing freezes to death. But... I don't feel anything really when I use to feed my Corn Snake, But only because they were already dead.

Again, I will point out, I don't care if you think I am sick or not, your in no position to judge me.. The poor things also scream when they are ate alive too, its a reality we face in this hobby. As mentioned by others, this is not the enjoyable side of the hobby, and for some hobbiest like myself, this is also the most convineniant and affordable way.. Yes, I have compassion for the animals, whether they are food or pet, it does not matter, as long as I can pursue thier lives with the highest qaulity and standards as I can..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Back