CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Southern Copperheads!

Old 11-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
MotleyMedusa7
Southern Copperheads!

We got to release some Southern Copperheads out in the woods on the other side of a canal near our house;these snakes were all rescues from yards in the Houston area by Clint Pustejovsky-our local 'snake man'. I'm glad they will have a chance to live where with any luck they won't be seeing another human,I loved how varied their patterns were & the abberrant one is awesome!

Old 11-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
Outcast
I would have had a hard time letting that abberrant one go...It is a beauty.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #3
epicdoom
I love the color of copperheads I have been fortunate to witness a mating pair was a bit of a rush because I was standing less the 1 foot away from them fishing a small pond on my property. I didn't even see them when I stepped close enough to be bitten. I just happen to look down just before I cast a line and saw them. Needless to say I froze dead in my tracks slipped away to a safe distance and watched them till they slithered away. I think they knew I have mad love for all snakes and spared me a nasty bite, that or they were to in love to care. Just goes to show you that even venomous snakes aren't always a danger to humans.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:18 AM   #4
Weda737
I don't care what anyone says, those are some beautiful animals.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:46 AM   #5
diamondlil
Beautiful snakes!

Old 11-06-2012, 05:37 AM   #6
rich333
I'm In love!! Beautiful Group!

The Copper Head has long been my favorite "Hot".

Thanks for the pics.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #7
Tom Tuttle
WoW! The aberrant one is really cool!!

Old 11-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #8
crotalis40741
Very nice looking snakes, big congrats on the release.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #9
MegF.
Very cool! They are a favorite of mne as well and fun to have. Very squirrely species though...mine tail rattles and musks all the time when you move him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google