CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

The First Herps of the Year

Old 01-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #11
chris68
I ALWAYS look forward to your pics in this forum Tim, thank you for sharing them

Peepers are real hard to get good pics of. Like Tim said they tend to go silent when you approach and they are definitely "very small"

Old 01-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #12
Carpe Serpentis
Lovely pictures indeed. You remind me of my cousin Josh who used to take me out herping when I was younger. He would take me on adventures looking for snake eggs, turtles, frogs, it really excited him more than it did me at the time, but I enjoyed the hunt as it always seemed to be some sort of adventure we were on. The hawk on the other hand reminds me of my chickens as they keeps me hatching eggs to replace the many birds they take off with. Free ranging is not without its problems, but I think its more ethical than keeping them locked up in cages where they can't forage. Thanks for sharing in your adventure with us as it does bring up fond memories and makes we want to get out their with my littlest one before she gets misses out on any more adventures. The nice part about going out on hikes such as this is it doesn't cost anything and the experience is so rewarding.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #13
tspuckler
Quote:
If you would like to see what all I've taken pics of so far you can check out this album link,there are snakes,frogs,turtles,lizards,etc. a little bit of everything-all taken near my house
That is some very nice photography. I especially like the Green Treefrog. You are very lucky to have Broad Banded Watersnakes living near you. I consider them to be particularly attractive..for a watersnake. I got two captive bred BB Watersnakes last year and am currently raising them.

Tim

Old 01-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #14
MotleyMedusa7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspuckler View Post
That is some very nice photography. I especially like the Green Treefrog. You are very lucky to have Broad Banded Watersnakes living near you. I consider them to be particularly attractive..for a watersnake. I got two captive bred BB Watersnakes last year and am currently raising them.

Tim
Thank you We counted 12 or 13 Tree frogs by our front door at one time not long ago I think the Broad Bands are so pretty -we had one which had a lot of red on it living in our pond for a while,but after the drought we haven't seen as many..they're taking their time moving back in-I was shocked when that giant snapper was still there-thought for sure he would've went to the canal

Old 01-17-2013, 03:01 AM   #15
diamondlil
Thanks for sharing your finds!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google