CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Does anyone know a good app for recording a snakes progress and growth?

Old 11-02-2015, 03:19 PM   #1
Causack
Does anyone know a good app for recording a snakes progress and growth?

I have an iPhone and I downloaded "SnakeKeeper" which is great because it helps me keep all her records:
  • Weight
  • Last Shed
  • Length
  • Last Defecation
  • Last Feeding
  • Weight & Type of Food
You have the choice to write notes on each post and there is a statistic page. It will even send me reminders for when its feeding time again.

I only have 2 problems with it. 1) I wish that it would put the growth info into some kind of chart. 2) It won't let me keep an album of progression photos! Which I thought was a huge bummer.

So I just downloaded an app that's meant for recording a baby's growth (haha please don't think I'm crazy) for now... But does anyone know of a GREAT app to have if your a corn snake owner or breeder?

Old 11-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #2
Dragonling
I use www.iherp.com for tracking. Unfortunately it has some annoying navigational issues and lacks a useable friend list. These are things I've meant to contact the webmaster about. A growth chart would be awesome, perhaps another suggestion to make.

There's a thread about it here where you can find some cornsnakes.com users.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:50 AM   #3
Ravenessa
I got all excited.. ran to the google play store to download... couldn't find it, re read your post.. IPHONE!!!! I use iherp but I have bad memory on when to feed various snakes, that reminder thingie would have been perfect.. now Im sad..

Old 11-03-2015, 07:35 AM   #4
Dragonling
There's a sort of reminder thing on iHerp but it's kind of out of the way. An automated system would be awesome. I really like the concept of iHerp, I just wish it had been implemented better. There's a clear lack of navigational structure. :/ When your main menu bar begins with "About" you're doing something wrong.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:35 AM   #5
Nanci
I use Reptile Scan. You can use it on a phone and it's also web-based. I like being able to scan QR codes to ID the snakes.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:42 AM   #6
Dragonling
Oh wow, if I ever end up with enough snakes to move to a rack system that'd be perfect.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:06 PM   #7
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
I use www.iherp.com for tracking. Unfortunately it has some annoying navigational issues and lacks a useable friend list. These are things I've meant to contact the webmaster about. A growth chart would be awesome, perhaps another suggestion to make.

There's a thread about it here where you can find some cornsnakes.com users.
There is supposed to be a new version of iHerp coming out, but I'm not sure how soon. Aaron has been busy with a new baby.
I have used iHerp for more than 5 years now, and I really like it!
I like that it is not something that is downloaded, that could be lost if your computer crashes.

Here's the thread I started a while back.

In short, many of the functions on iHerp tracking: feeding (including refused foods, regurgitated, etc), shedding, defecating, weight, length, breeding projects, loaning animals (for breeding projects), transferring an animal to a new owner, free classifieds,cleaning, vet trips, medicated,additional comments, etc.

There's also a printable worksheet, that shows the date last fed, food type, etc.
You can also track the cost of the food, vet trip, etc.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google