CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Eggbound girl. Informative Egg Aspiration Video Included!

Old 04-30-2011, 09:05 AM   #41
VIRAGI
Well, I am taking the girl to an experienced and well recognized Vet Dr. Rossi today. To look at her and give me his best advise. It is incredible how you get attached to either reptiles and I have been praying that she gets over this soon.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #42
Christen
Keep us posted on how she does.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #43
VIRAGI
Wink Update on my female egg bounded

My corn was hospitalized. I got Dr. Rossi VERY NICE HUMAN BEING in the Vet world. I will not pay much for the Egg Absorbation technique, some calcium, vitamins, and fluids. Sad that she is not at home but happy that she is in good hands now.

I will give other update on Monday.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #44
rich333
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIRAGI View Post
Thanks for your comments too Rich. I hope the vet could do that if after she sheds does not lay the eggs.
Good night!
No problem....But like i said...i'm no expert....this is also my first year breeding.....and as you may know....i had a few tense moments myself. But my girl only had 2 eggs stuck and they were both at the vent..so accessing them was rather easy...So murphy payed a visit...but he took it easy on me i guess.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #45
jsschrei
Best wishes for your girl. Be sure to let us know how it goes for her!

Old 05-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #46
VIRAGI
So, Peggy my corn was put to sleep. The vet injected her Oxytucin and she was able to lay two eggs abut they were rotten. She was not able to lay any other very probably because her eggs were too stock to her uterus. I ignorantly waited too long to take her. It was sad for me and my son to let her go but it was the best thing to do I guess. The only egg she laid is doing fine, looks white, has a good form, consistency, is at 8 degrees and has its humidity going on well. She laid that egg for a reason and had probably given her life for it. Hopefully it will hatch around June 4th or later Whick me luck as it will be very exciting if that one egg hatches....it will definitely be very well loved and pampered.
The vet told me not to give up on breeding but after this experience I am not sure about doing it again. My heart is too big to see the femaile suffering.
Thanks to all of you that gave me your opinion and I wish I should have seen this website before then.
Happy Mother's Day!

Old 05-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #47
jsschrei
I am so sorry for your loss. Be sure to keep us updated on her egg and post pics when it hatches.

Old 05-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #48
Asbit
So sorry

So very sorry to hear that you lost Peggy. Hopefully the little egg will hatch and go on to live a happy healthy life in her honor.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #49
rich333
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsschrei View Post
I am so sorry for your loss. Be sure to keep us updated on her egg and post pics when it hatches.
Speaking of eggs....After you aspirated the 2? eggs in the video...how are the other's doing??? are you close to pippies???

Old 05-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #50
jsschrei
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich333 View Post
Speaking of eggs....After you aspirated the 2? eggs in the video...how are the other's doing??? are you close to pippies???
One of the four has gone bad. The other three are doing well and aren't due to hatch for about 3 more weeks I think.

On another note...I was checking Kenya out the other day and she's got a string of pearls. Grrrrrrrrr. I really hope that she doesn't repeat this again Fingers crossed that whatever she may lay doesn't get stuck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
aspiration, eggbound