CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

My first official breeding season!!

Old 05-20-2011, 09:22 PM   #21
rich333
LOL..even Better!

Old 05-20-2011, 09:37 PM   #22
rich333
it's a very wierd sensation...I can't explain it. People generally dont accept Snakes (of any sort) as Pets. To which i respond "they aren't pets..they are my Kids!" I care for them the way most people care for thier kids. most people i talk to in my life just dont get it. but when I walk in the snake room..and i see all the little heads lifting up and looking at me...it brings a smile to my face....as if THEY accept me as thier Pet?? LOL

Old 05-21-2011, 06:51 AM   #23
MysticExotics
It would be *really* hard to stay in a bad mood, opening up a bin & seeing little nose poking out of those eggs.

Speaking of, here's some updated pics...Mica's eggs are close! They've gotten huge!
I bet I can predict which ones will be Tessera's...the super big eggs...there's 7-9 that I am willing to bet are Tessera's. The others are likely the normals. Just a wild guess, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out. I should see noses within the next week.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #24
neiman07
dumb question but... the second pic of the lone egg!! is that a bad egg or what is going on with it?!

Old 05-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #25
rich333
Wow.....Nice Shots!! And Yes..they are HUUUUUUGE!!!!!!! LOL Tessera's?? Ummmm....give's me cold chills!! Wonder what an Ultramel charcoal Tessera would look like? LOL

Old 05-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #26
Buzzard
How did I miss this thread. Great looking snakes.

Ah yes the denting game. Lol.

Which one is the alabama(name)?

Old 05-21-2011, 11:56 PM   #27
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiman07 View Post
dumb question but... the second pic of the lone egg!! is that a bad egg or what is going on with it?!
I honestly don'y know. It started denting about a week ago, about the same time one of Mica's eggs started denting. Mica's egg plumped back up, but this one dented more. I am treating this egg as viable until proven otherwise. I have heard of babies hatching perfectly healthy out of really ugly eggs...so we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich333 View Post
Wow.....Nice Shots!! And Yes..they are HUUUUUUGE!!!!!!! LOL Tessera's?? Ummmm....give's me cold chills!! Wonder what an Ultramel charcoal Tessera would look like? LOL
Thanks! They've grown quite a bit in the last couple days. I'm trying to limit checking on them to twice a day. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
How did I miss this thread. Great looking snakes.

Ah yes the denting game. Lol.

Which one is the alabama(name)?
Thanks!
Mica & Katzen are the Alabama females. Mica is Katzen's mom. (See why I'm wanting to continue the line?)

Old 05-22-2011, 12:04 AM   #28
rich333
Since seeing/reading the last post..with the pics. I was checking mine...and yeah,i think a few of mine are larger..but that may be because i want the dang things to hatch!! LOL...

Old 05-22-2011, 04:30 AM   #29
MysticExotics
I've got pippies!!!! :)

So I could not stand it any longer & went in again to check on them, & as I lifted up the moss, I saw a head poking out...AH!!! So I cleared more moss & there was a second egg that had a tiny little nose sticking out of the egg!!! Woohoo! The first one decided to go back into hiding, & the second one also pulled back in, but I could still see his/her little nose.

Now it's my turn to be anxiously waiting, fighting the urge to continue checking on them, every 5 minutes...

And yes, I took a couple pics...not as much to see, with them in hiding, but the egg with the "arrow-x" on it had the one with the head sticking out. I *think* that one is going to be a normal. The other one *might* be one of the Tessera's...(fingers crossed)

Old 05-22-2011, 05:28 AM   #30
Airidies
YAY!!!! congratz! now we both won't be sleeping lol!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google