• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hip hip horray! I finally got my first pip today!

18 out of egg and one remaining pipped. This is what I have...5 Amels, 4 Anery's, 3 ghost, 2 hypo, 2 snow, 2 normal and the one inside the egg I believe is another ghost.... They all seem very alert, active, and healthy so far. Most have calmed down nicely and all but the last two are already in shed. This is from a Normal mom, and a Silver Queen Ghost dad pairing.. so I take it they both have several het's to them because I was not expecting anything but normals.

So what exactly are the hets? I take it that Mom is het hypo, amel, anery, dad is homozgeous for hypo and anery, het amel and both are het snow? Let me know if I am right. Thanks. Will be posting pics tomorrow/today after I get up.

So what exactly are the hets? I take it that Mom is het hypo, amel, anery, dad is homozgeous for hypo and anery, het amel and both are het snow? Let me know if I am right. Thanks. Will be posting pics tomorrow/today after I get up.

Hets are genes that they carry but you can see so yes you have it right but a snow is an amel and an anery. So to say they are het amel, anery and snow is redundant. So either just het snow or het amel or anery. Most anyone who is going to care about their hets should probably know that so I think either is fine.

The two babies that I am keeping Ivory and Mercury.

Here are a couple of photos of Ivory and Mercury the two babies I am keeping. One is a snow and the other is a Hypo.

Attachments

• Ivory1.JPG
    Ivory1.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Ivory4.JPG
    Ivory4.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Mercury2.JPG
    Mercury2.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Mercury4.JPG
    Mercury4.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 96
Hets are genes that they carry but you can see so yes you have it right but a snow is an amel and an anery. So to say they are het amel, anery and snow is redundant. So either just het snow or het amel or anery. Most anyone who is going to care about their hets should probably know that so I think either is fine.

Actually 'het' stands for hetrozygous, meaning that the genes of a certain gene pair are hetrozygous (differ from each other). In homozygous form they would be the same. Most of the time when a gene pair is hetrozygous, one means that one is 'normal' and the other one is 'mutant', like anery or amel or Tessera. It does have nothing to do with if you can see any effect of the gene on the outside, for example, hetrozygous Tessera (e.g. one Tessera and one normal pattern gene) snakes look the same as homozygous Tessera's (as far as we know now) since Tessera pattern gene is dominant over the normal pattern gene in that pair.

Even though Mercury was baby # 5 to come out of it's egg, she/he is the first to shed. When I woke yesturday afternoon I found it in the enclosure. The rest of yet to start shedding. I just got finished checking in on all of them some of them were so thirsty. I'm hoping they know where their water bowls/dishes are. I've showed all of them where they all are at but a few tonight seemed so thirsty like it was the first time they had had any water to drink. Most have cleared up so hopefully they will shed tomorrow or the next day. The last 4 are still in blue.

So, I have 6 babies that have shed thir skins and was wondering when I should try to feed them for the first time? Should I try in 2 or 3 days or feed right aaway?

I think I am starting off very well as tonight I got 4 out of the 6 babies that shed their skins to eat their first small pinkie mouse. Yepee! Baby #1 Anery, 2 Anery, 4 Normal and baby 6 ghost have all eaten.

More photos, after shed.

Here are a few updated after shed photos of some of the babies. Baby 1, 2, 3, 4, 6.

I really love all of them but baby one really has a nice dark blackness on white under color/silvery a little on the sides. Photos never do these little cuties any justice on how beautiful they turn out after their first sheds. Enjoy the pics!
1st photo baby 1-Anery, second photo baby 2-Anery.

Attachments

• 73428_160468_Large_EFjH7xhqLR[1].jpg
    73428_160468_Large_EFjH7xhqLR[1].jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 73429_160469_Large_uYUH2U136e8I[1].jpg
    73429_160469_Large_uYUH2U136e8I[1].jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 84
Here is baby 3-Snow and baby 4-Nomal. The snows are really hard to get good decent shots of. I tried my best.

Attachments

• baby3.jpg
    baby3.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 85
  • baby4.jpg
    baby4.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 85
Here is baby 6 which is a Ghost and another that is hard to get a good shot of. Enjoy the pics, oh. more to come as they all shed.

Attachments

• baby6.jpg
    baby6.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 84
  • baby6also.jpg
    baby6also.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 85
I have some devastating news...baby #8 which was a very nice looking anery. The one that came out of the shell somewhat early and had some stuff hanging out of it..died this afternoon. I was checking them all for shed skin and it was fine and moving around just fine...and it had shed it's skin and everything. Well, I had four containers out in the living room and decided to take them outside for some sun time, didn't know at all that this would happen but they got to hot to fast sitting on top of the porch railing in the little containers I had them in...it wasn't even 5 minutes , I was holding another corn-at the time and was sitting down on the steps, but when I looked up and saw some of the others being really crazy active and trying to get in their little water dishes, I figured it out that it was way to hot but the one anery # 8 had already died. I rushed them back inside the house and checked on the others, they all seem okay for now. I tried to save the anery but it was already stiff, I could tell it was breathing still, tried to give it some water but it's mouth was stuck almost all the way open. I took a few pictures, I did a very stupid thing and just didn't realize that they would get so hot like that in such a short time. I feel sooooo...... aweful. Because the only pictures I have of most of them were erased off my computer and off my camera because I was going to take better, cleaarer shots of them after they had shed thier skins. Now the only pictures I have of that baby is of it died and stiff. :(

Back