• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Iris Gives Us Easter Eggs!!!

Ok...sorry for the long delay on updates....we have 3 assumed viable eggs left. Due to the fact that they had yet to slit....i was assuming the worst for those eggs....this morning....one of the 3 began to ooze..and a tiny slit became visible. No pics will be available until this guy is completely out.

Well, He/she is finally out....

Attachments

• kink1.JPG
    kink1.JPG
    271.7 KB · Views: 85
  • kink2.JPG
    kink2.JPG
    289.5 KB · Views: 87
Eff! I hate Lavenders!

I think since there is a kinked Lavender and Lavs are known to kink, you need to cull the entire clutch since this proves that ALL the hatchlings are ph for kink. :noevil: JK!

Nice results, Congrats Rich!!! :cheers:

I think since there is a kinked Lavender and Lavs are known to kink, you need to cull the entire clutch since this proves that ALL the hatchlings are ph for kink. :noevil: JK!

Nice results, Congrats Rich!!! :cheers:

Danny, Kate....

Bitter sweet is a very good description of my first time experience with the lavender gene. Very nice all on it's own...lavender is even "prettier" when combined with diffusion and stripe! I'll talk with nanci,she has the male, and see if we can do this pairing again next year. While there were plenty of heart breaks involved in this clutch, I don't think it's a %100 gonna happen every time kind of thing. Matter a fact, if at all possible, I'd like to produce a lot more lavender charcoal stripes! Such a pretty little hatchling! Over all, I'm pleased with what we got....could have been better. Maybe Murphy will look past us next season. Two eggs left, and I'm not holding out much hope for them. So, thank you all for sharing in this clutch with me!

Danny,

Nope, not gonna happen! ;). I'll roll the dice and play the odds.

Danny, Kate....

Bitter sweet is a very good description of my first time experience with the lavender gene. Very nice all on it's own...lavender is even "prettier" when combined with diffusion and stripe! I'll talk with nanci,she has the male, and see if we can do this pairing again next year. While there were plenty of heart breaks involved in this clutch, I don't think it's a %100 gonna happen every time kind of thing. Matter a fact, if at all possible, I'd like to produce a lot more lavender charcoal stripes! Such a pretty little hatchling! Over all, I'm pleased with what we got....could have been better. Maybe Murphy will look past us next season. Two eggs left, and I'm not holding out much hope for them. So, thank you all for sharing in this clutch with me!

Danny,

Nope, not gonna happen! ;). I'll roll the dice and play the odds.

CUT THEM OPEN!

It's been long enough now that cutting the remaining eggs is justified.

dang I hope something grand came out of the clutch. They are stunning babies rich

For Sure something did!. A better understanding. Rich touched on it the other day, in another thread. Things don't always go the way you thought they would or should. Of course, I'm old enough to know this already. But , even in a controlled environment, using the latest technology, and the minds of Ultra-experienced breeders, things still go bad wrong. This was my wake-up call in the arena of Breeding. As We take the good from this clutch, We also move forward..........

Last edited:
help i cant post a thread for some reason and i have a question. about my eggs that are due to hatch on the 13 of june but i candeled the eggs and there seems to be no change seens 12 days ago and i no longer see any movement in the eggs

help i cant post a thread for some reason and i have a question. about my eggs that are due to hatch on the 13 of june but i candeled the eggs and there seems to be no change seens 12 days ago and i no longer see any movement in the eggs

To start your own thread, just go to the section you want, (Breeding?) and click the blue box on the upper left that says New Thread.

Back