CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Freaking out! My first snake laid an egg- she was a virgin as far as I know!

Old 07-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #91
Lyion
I don't know about that. I'm seriously considering finding better hands for her and the others if she pulls through and heals up alright.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #92
Lyion
What would you say her chances are?...

Old 07-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #93
starsevol
I don't know. I had 2 girls go eggbound. Kelsey died a few minutes after coming home from her 3rd vet visit, Sangria survived, did fine, and 2 years later gave me my avalanche girl Solace.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:05 AM   #94
diamondlil
Until this vet visit, please leave her totally alone, no checking, no pestering. Put a sign on her tub saying 'DO NOT DISTURB' Tell all your family to read the advice on here and that stressing her out could kill her.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:16 AM   #95
2ndGenSnakeDude
Just be glad it's not a prolapse, egg binding is alot easier to fix than a prolapse

Old 07-14-2012, 05:37 AM   #96
bitsy
As a side issue, dare I ask where the eggs went? I like to put them in the freezer for a day before tossing them in the trash, to avoid them hatchling in the garbage and giving someone a heart attack. It's a remote possiblity but the last thing anyone needs.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #97
Lyion
Back from the appointment with great news!

I went in with Xia and they examined her. First she got an X-ray to make sure it was an egg and not a prolapsed uturus. They told me the issue occured because she had enough calcium for a normal snake, but not one that was egg bound. The thin shell made it difficult for Xia to push. They then lubricated her vent and tried to massage the vent, and after that did not work, they got a needle and sucked out the egg yolk. She was given and antibiotic shot and a labor inducer. I should see it out by the two day mark!

Old 07-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #98
Lyion
They also said to add calcium powder to the mice during feeding.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #99
Nanci
So you should let her relax and not check on her every five minutes now. Glad to hear the vet visit went well!

Old 07-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #100
Lyion
Yes. I'll leave her completely alone with a 'Do not disturb' sticky note until the makeup appointment two days from now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google