• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Freaking out! My first snake laid an egg- she was a virgin as far as I know!

Checked on her like you suggested. I think she has egg binding. I'm really getting concerned at this rate. I think my dad removed the eggs around her while staying. They aren't in there, and I was shocked to find he was also checking the temps because my brother refused to. I'm really worried by this point

Why would anyone else have been checking on her? Did you tell them to leave her alone while you were gone?
At this point, with how much stress she's undergone because of constant checking and disruptions, I'm tempted to say take her to a vet and have them help you.

She didn't pass a single egg and it's at the vent. I told my brother to leave her alone but my dad decided to randomly help. I think I'll just have to take her to the vet.

Xia has an appointment with the most reputable reptile vet around for tomarrow.

Xia has an appointment with the most reputable reptile vet around for tomarrow.

When you take her out could you take a pic of the egg stuck in the vent. A pic could be used for reference when other people are confused and don't know what a stuck eggs looks like.

Welp, I have to say it.....why would her temps need to be checked constantly? You have the gauge where you can see it from a distance and just walk by, no need to disturb the snake. And checking on her, removing the eggs, all that might mean that you will have a dead snake soon.
Glad she is going to a vet. Hopefully he can save her.

I am sorry, I just don't get it.
When people say "leave her alone" and you are going on a trip, you leave a note outside the reptile room saying "DO NOT DISTURB SNAKE", you tell every single person in the house before you leave "DO NOT TOUCH SNAKE". What is so difficult about that?

I just don't understand what all happened here.....

Welp, I have to say it.....why would her temps need to be checked constantly? You have the gauge where you can see it from a distance and just walk by, no need to disturb the snake. And checking on her, removing the eggs, all that might mean that you will have a dead snake soon.
Glad she is going to a vet. Hopefully he can save her.

I am sorry, I just don't get it.
When people say "leave her alone" and you are going on a trip, you leave a note outside the reptile room saying "DO NOT DISTURB SNAKE", you tell every single person in the house before you leave "DO NOT TOUCH SNAKE". What is so difficult about that?

I just don't understand what all happened here.....

I told him not to mess with her and he thought I meant not to touch her, not just to leave her alone.

Hopefully she pulls through and in 2030 you can say your old snake lived through all your newbie stupidity, just like I say about my 17 year old boy Calvin.

I don't know about that. I'm seriously considering finding better hands for her and the others if she pulls through and heals up alright.

I don't know. I had 2 girls go eggbound. Kelsey died a few minutes after coming home from her 3rd vet visit, Sangria survived, did fine, and 2 years later gave me my avalanche girl Solace.

Until this vet visit, please leave her totally alone, no checking, no pestering. Put a sign on her tub saying 'DO NOT DISTURB' Tell all your family to read the advice on here and that stressing her out could kill her.

As a side issue, dare I ask where the eggs went? I like to put them in the freezer for a day before tossing them in the trash, to avoid them hatchling in the garbage and giving someone a heart attack. It's a remote possiblity but the last thing anyone needs.

Back from the appointment with great news!

I went in with Xia and they examined her. First she got an X-ray to make sure it was an egg and not a prolapsed uturus. They told me the issue occured because she had enough calcium for a normal snake, but not one that was egg bound. The thin shell made it difficult for Xia to push. They then lubricated her vent and tried to massage the vent, and after that did not work, they got a needle and sucked out the egg yolk. She was given and antibiotic shot and a labor inducer. I should see it out by the two day mark!

So you should let her relax and not check on her every five minutes now. Glad to hear the vet visit went well!

Yes. I'll leave her completely alone with a 'Do not disturb' sticky note until the makeup appointment two days from now.

Back