CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Freaking out! My first snake laid an egg- she was a virgin as far as I know!

Old 07-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #51
Nanci
Okay, so since she hasn't been with the male for quite a long time, I would guess that the egg is infertile. It won't hurt to incubate it.

Can we just focus now on what is best for the snake, and guiding the owner toward the steps any of us would take if it was one of ours? I have purchased a yearling in the past who was cohabbed before I got her, who went on to lay a fertile clutch, when the snake herself weighed 80 grams. With proper care and a lot of luck, she made it through just fine. It can happen to anyone.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #52
Lyion
I just remembered that my sister had put him in with her once to clean out his tank (he was her snake) Knowing her, she could have done it beforehand and wouldn't tell me.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #53
Lyion
She was in disbelief that he could even father her, and didn't think cohabbing was a big deal.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #54
Nanci
It would never even cross my mind to do that. Another advantage of using feeding bins. A complete cage cleaning can be accomplished while the snake is feeding, with no risk to anyone.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #55
Lyion
She looks so scrawny now, and I bought a fuzzy. I guess I'll feed it to her tomorrow morning.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #56
Lyion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
It would never even cross my mind to do that. Another advantage of using feeding bins. A complete cage cleaning can be accomplished while the snake is feeding, with no risk to anyone.
At that time, we had feeding bins for both! I yelled at her so much because she didn't want to grab one!

Old 07-11-2012, 08:56 PM   #57
Nanci
How long will you be away for?

Old 07-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #58
Lyion
Not long at all. Two or three days. I'm just so concerned about her.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #59
Nanci
Just feed her a small meal in the morning. She'll go blue and not even know you're gone.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #60
Lyion
Thanks so much Nanci.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google