• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Wilma and Callisto 2014

Oh yay! I wasn't informed that there was a new post in here so I was coming to ask that. OMGosh I can't contain my excitement. It is so fun to see your babies go up and make pretty babies for someone else. I can't wait to see them.

I went to Home Depot to buy some vermiculite to be ready for eggs, and all they had was this giant bag. So I guess I'm set for a while!

Do you put moss on top of your eggs, Christen?

DYK I do. I am sure they would do fine without it but it makes me feel better. I usually just steal a little from moms nesting box.

Woohoo! Wilma laid her eggs! There are sixteen total and they all look fertile. Wilma doesn't look too worse for the wear. I can see her spine a little bit, but she doesn't look starving.

I'll post pictures in a day or two.

clutch_of_corn_snake_eggs_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d7ikf7s.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so glad to have my computer and camera back, so I can take normal photos!

I candled Wilma's eggs today and all of them have visible veins. Here are a couple with really noticeable veins:

candling_corn_snake_eggs_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d7ike4j.jpg

candling_corn_snake_eggs_2_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d7ike8s.jpg

Also, some of her eggs have snowflake spots on them.

snowflaking_on_corn_snake_eggs_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d7ikeuq.jpg

does the snowflake spot mean something?

From what I've read, it's a little spot of calcium deficiency, but it should not affect the egg's hatching. I think no one is really sure how to prevent it, because many people have tried giving their snakes calcium supplements and have still gotten eggs with snowflaking.

Oh yay! Look at those little babies. Yeah snowflakes don't mean anything for viable eggs or healthy babies. I had worried about thick areas of the snowflakes being tough for babies to pip but they manage just fine.

Back