CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Live Egg Cam

Old 02-23-2005, 09:31 PM   #91
hediki
corn # 2 is exploring

Old 02-23-2005, 10:05 PM   #92
hediki
1 more left
~hurley take pics

Old 02-23-2005, 10:09 PM   #93
Hurley
Gettin' right on that.

All right, for those who have kept track, here is the normal that left the egg 2nd from the 4th egg from the right:

Old 02-23-2005, 10:10 PM   #94
Hurley
And the one that exited 3rd and was in the 2nd egg from the right....another normal:

Old 02-23-2005, 10:11 PM   #95
JTGoff69
Awwwww...I wish my man would hurry up!

Old 02-23-2005, 10:28 PM   #96
hediki
Hurley, it kinda has like that effect like a hypo lav are u shure its a normal or something else, mayb i just dont know wat a baby normal looks like

Old 02-24-2005, 02:11 AM   #97
Rosebear
Hurley...about how long and how big (girth-wise) are the babies?

Having a normal baby...I'm curious to evaluate about how old my little one actually is. Heidiki...look at Legoless...they decided "he" is a normal. I know Legoless is an '04...I'm just trying to determine when-ish in '04. Legoless is a Petco baby....don't beat me!

Old 02-24-2005, 06:30 AM   #98
oldhand
Congrats Connie, glad their all healthy, and when you sell the video to animal planet, they'll make you a fortune .

It's been great watching, i've been glues to it for over 48 hours now.

Old 02-24-2005, 08:14 AM   #99
Traci1
They are beeeeautiful!!! Now, are you going to charge more for those since they are famous? hahaha

Old 02-24-2005, 09:58 AM   #100
Hurley
Quote:
How much does it cost to get a cam like that set up? What all do you need?
Well, depends on what your setup is. I can't get a cable easily from the computers to the incubation room, so I had to get a wireless webcam. That's why you see the occasional interference on a shot.

Here's one like the one I got (a listing on eBay with pics and description):

Logitech Wireless Webcam

There was always a ton of them up for sale on there, you can do a closed item search and see what they have been going for. Those ones come in a plain brown box, iirc, and you download software off the internet.

A note: the camera does have an area for a plug, but mine didn't come with the plug. Radioshack, some creative platic remodeling, and some good old fashioned duct tape made it so I can run the camera all the time off a plug rather than battery.

The other thing you would need to set things up as I did is some sort of a webcam program that will auto capture images and upload to an FTP every how many every seconds/minutes.

There are a couple good ones on the net for like $30. If you want live video feed, there are also places you can get video hosting and have a constant stream going, but I didn't think I needed to go to that extreme. Without the software, you can still show people on the various messengers...they all have webcam options now...but you have to invite the people to view, it can't be accessed otherwise.

The third thing you need is an FTP/place to host the image that gets uploaded. We made an html page with some code to make the page auto refresh every 30 seconds. You can see the page's code by right clicking on it and viewing the source.

That's really about it. Nothing too fancy. Like I said, the camera is a webcam, the image is that of a web cam. But, it's fun.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google