• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Oh nooo....

No seriously, I already bothered her too much by just peeking in and removing slugs and giving her more moss for her laybox. I feel freakin' awful now :(

Thanks Connor, I know your only crossing everything because you want a beautiful wee lavender girl from this clutch ;)

I'm so sorry to hear that Tonya! What a devistating story. Lets just wallow in the misery of breeding complications together :cry:

ehhhh, I'm not a big wallower... I bemoan my own blone-esqe moments and move on. You know what I forgot to mention??? I only lost 4 out of the 16 with that debacle. I'm sure the dead ones are the Charcoal Lava Striped Sunkssed Terrazos I've been anxiously awaitng.... (joking of course) hehe.

-Tonya

P.S. The waiting list is full people!!
<snicker>

I'm still thinking good thoughts and sending you "hugs".

Keep thinking positive thoughts Elle :)

Best wishes,

I"m glad to hear that you're waiting a bit longer. As it has been already mentioned, sometimes a female will pass a couple of slugs prior to laying the rest of a clutch of fertile eggs. Just in the bad-case scenario of an entire clutch of slugs, I had a female that not only started to lay her slugs a couple of weeks past her due date, but also took over 3 weeks to lay all of them. I would find one or 2 every few days. She never became egg-bound, ate weekly and went on to lay a perfect fertile second clutch.

I havent bothered her for 2 days now, but i lifted the edge of the towel to see that her hide was empty so she must be in her laybox. Shes been there for two days and im desperate to check but I don't want to... ahh

I havent bothered her for 2 days now, but i lifted the edge of the towel to see that her hide was empty so she must be in her laybox. Shes been there for two days and im desperate to check but I don't want to... ahh

You're doing great, Elle. Be strong. :)

I'm sure I'll be in your boat in a little less than a month. Then you can read my thread about Meara driving me crazy and encourage me to leave her alone. ;)

Not to combat anything you've learned about patience, but I do check on mine GENTLY at least once per day. Crack the laying box lid and peek in...or lift it up and look from the bottom. That way, you don't let a problem go for 2-3 days if one DOES develop! If you can't check without disturbing her, KEEP WAITING. If you can check without her really "knowing" you did it, I don't think checking GENTLY once per day is wrong. Just don't jump the gun and assume she is done just because you see an egg or two in the nest box. If she looks done with no problems, wait a day to pull her out.....lol. If there DOES seem to be a problem (like she has laid some eggs but the rest are real high and not moved....then check back the next day to make sure they have moved down some or something.
KJ

Thanks dude. I'll wait till tonight to check on her. Shes in her laybox and it would mean lifting it all out, opening the lid, lifting the moss to see if shes layed etc. Ill give her until midnight :)

I checked on her for the first time in 2 days this evening and I found another 3 slugs and it looks like the eggs have moved further down inside her. Shes now jumpy, pissy and was not impressed about me removing the 3 slugs. I also found a dried up slug in her warm hide so thats 8 slugs so far. This really sucks.

I checked on her for the first time in 2 days this evening and I found another 3 slugs and it looks like the eggs have moved further down inside her. Shes now jumpy, pissy and was not impressed about me removing the 3 slugs. I also found a dried up slug in her warm hide so thats 8 slugs so far. This really sucks.

In the future, just leave the eggs - good or bad - until she is done. Removing the eggs is MUCH worse disturbance than just peeking at her. ;)

KJ

Ohhh ok I wish I had known that LOL

I have out them in the incubator anyway as they are somewhat questionable. If they are slugs I'll know soon enough.

Well, think on the positive side Elle. Atleast she is passing eggs and is not Egg-Bound.

Wishing the best of luck,
Patm1313

Back