CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Carrying your snake

Old 08-25-2018, 12:13 PM   #1
Maevenish
Carrying your snake

I’ve had Peach for almost two months now and I adore her. She’s about a year old and impresses me frequently. I watched her place her body along the bottom edge of my keyboard sideways and then flexed so it lifted the keyboard so she could go under it. Clever girl. Anyway, yesterday I was running around the house and thought I’d see if she would be comfy on my neck. I had a ponytail in and she wrapped herself around it and in my hair. She seemed happy to be there so I left her there for about 15 minutes then tried to get her off. She did not cooperate. She seemed to be happy where she was. I’ve attached pictures to illustrate.

Do any of you do stuff like this?

Thanks’
Wendy

Old 08-25-2018, 01:20 PM   #2
mcnann_fam
Silly girly.

Valentine decided she liked the sleeve of my robe last night while she was out stretching. It was fine until she climbed out by my arm pit tickling me.

Old 08-25-2018, 07:54 PM   #3
Karl_Mcknight
I go out driving and shopping with my snake, Rufus, all the time. I just toss him around my neck and he will stay there for hours if I let him.

Just last night we went down to the corner store to pick up a bottle of Wine, and I took him inside with me. (I do this all the time). And all the folks that work in the store know me (and him) and they always gather around when we walk in together.

Of course he's long enough to wrap completely around my neck. It's important the snake is able to hang on. I would not suggest doing something like this with a smaller snake as they could slip off, lose their grip, and could fall or be injured.

Old 08-25-2018, 10:25 PM   #4
Kalista
When I move Tango, I just drape him around my shoulders. Often he will wrap his tail around one of my arms for an anchor. His first escape route is always straight down my back. But after I rearrange him a little, he settles long enough to get to the destination.

Old 08-26-2018, 10:18 AM   #5
Patmart
Hi a few weeks ago we went to a funday at my grandchildren school
So I took George (20 months old Amal) with us people loved seeing him
Here in the uk the weather dose not let us take George out side a lot but indoors he loves it round my neck
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-27-2018, 09:31 PM   #6
Maevenish
So cool...

Thanks for the replies! I enjoy taking Peach out an about. I think she likes it too as long as I keep her feeling safe. She loves watching the traffic when I drive. Please don't yell at me for that. I only do it occasionally.

Wendy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google