CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

SpiritSerpents 2020 breedings

Old 05-13-2020, 11:57 PM   #1
Shiari
SpiritSerpents 2020 breedings

Finally a year again with multiple clutches, what a fantastic change!

Raka (sunkissed charcoal het diffused) x Gallium (pewter)- 13 eggs laid, but they weren't together and were laid in the aspen. They all got turned when she panicked while I was retrieving them. 3 eggs show strong veins. Goal: charcoals het sunkissed diffused, and pewters het sunkissed from gazer-free lines.

Leshen (lavender) x Gallium (pewter)- 16 eggs laid, 3 slugs. Of the remaining 13, 11 candle with strong veins and 2 candle with nothing. Goal: hets for charcoal plasmas. Will be interesting to see if any hidden hets show up.

Torandre (ghost het amel) x Bansidhe (phantom moonstone het amel)- This was a pairing I agonized over doing.

2 years ago, Bansidhe was paired with 2 first-time females. One of these were his sibling, one was an unrelated charcoal. His sister became eggbound and died shortly after her pre-lay shed, having passed two slugs. With the unrelated charcoal, most of the eggs were slugs with 3 showing veins. One egg died early in incubation. The other two went nearly to term and contained one very small, entirely fused charcoal and the other a full sized and fully fused blizzard. I also had horrible heat spikes that year as my air conditioning broke and the incubator got well over 85 degrees for several days.

Having had animals in the past be specifically incompatible with each other + knowing that I had horrible temps + they were all first time females and he was a first time male... I decided this year to give him one final try. I paired him to my ghost who I know is an eminently fertile female to see if it was poor luck, or he has bad genes.

So far, so good it appears. She's laying right now and so far every egg looks fertile. I palpated 17 eggs. Goal: Ghosts het charcoal lavender ph amel, Hypo snows het charcoal lavender.

Gabrielle (charcoal het amel diffused) x Charcoal Motley ph diffused- in blue. This male is so neurotic about being handled and in a breeding bin that I finally just cohabbed him with Gabby for 10 days. She palpates with eggs and is visibly gravid, so we'll see. Goal: Charcoals het motley ph amel diffused. Hope: pewters het motley ph amel. Also a chance to test the charcoal for motley and the motley for amel plus any hidden hets.

Ms. Moose (anery het hypo ph amel) x Eugene (anery)- Hoping to make laaaaaarge babies as I pair large daughter back to large father.

Old 05-14-2020, 12:12 AM   #2
SnakeCreations
Very nice pairings.... may the odds be ever in your favor!

-Tonya

Old 05-14-2020, 05:29 PM   #3
Shiari
Tor gave me 18 eggs, all candle with good veins. Brings the tally up to 32 so far.

Old 05-23-2020, 11:12 PM   #4
Shiari
Miss Moose has laid her 13 eggs... and laid about 5 of them on top of her lower coils so removing her from the eggs was fun. All appear fertile.

Gabby is laying right now and I palpated 14. End total should be 59 if no slugs.

Old 07-10-2020, 07:45 PM   #5
Shiari
Results so far:

Raka x Gallium- 2 charcoal masque (one extremely small and kinked), 1 either pewter or super masque charcoal.

Leshen x Gallium- 7 normals/masques... possible red factors???? 2 Lavenders (!!!????), 2 left to pip. - This discovery means that all of my charcoals from last year are now 50% pos. het for lavender.

The Tor x Bansidhe clutch is due to start pipping next Thursday. I'm so excited.

Old 07-10-2020, 07:55 PM   #6
hypnoctopus
You produce the best 'grays'! Looking forward to seeing some of your babies.

Old 07-10-2020, 11:11 PM   #7
SnakeCreations
Congrats!

Old 07-10-2020, 11:29 PM   #8
Shiari
My phone refuses to get the colors on the normal correct. The red bellies in particular are not showing up.

But here's the two lavenders and one of the 'normals' from this most recent clutch. 'Normal' is het charcoal, lavender, diffused. Lavender is het charcoal diffused.

Old 07-11-2020, 02:15 AM   #9
hypnoctopus
Nice patterns on these babies!

Old 07-16-2020, 08:00 PM   #10
Shiari
Unfortunately, that really nice zigzag lavender gal is kinked, so she will be going to a pet-only home eventually.

Current tally:

2 charcoal masques (1 extremely undersized and kinked) and 1 pewter. The non-kinked babies both took f/t unaltered pinks for the first meal without hesitation. Both those are male. Kinked female refused offering of 1/2 pinky.

7 Normals/red factors?, 4 lavenders (1 kinked lavender). Male heavy clutch. In blue.

The Torandre x Bansidhe clutch is pipping. Two ghost noses so far.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google