CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Funny mouse buying experience

Old 09-07-2014, 09:22 PM   #1
rocketshipwalker
Funny mouse buying experience

I wanted to tell this to someone that might find it as hilarious as I did. So, I figured you guys would be my best bet.

The last time I went to my local pet store to buy a frozen mouse, the guy I usually buy it from was busy, so one of the women went and got it for me. She asked about the price to make sure she was getting the right size. When she came back, I didn't even think about checking the size because I've seen the bag all the mice for that price are in and they're all about the same size. So, after I paid, she stapled the bag, put it with the shrimp and crickets I bought and handed it to me.
When I got home, I thought I should open the bag and look at the mouse just to make sure before I put it in the freezer.
I was definitely not expecting the mouse to turn around and look at me.
Needless to say, I screamed. I'm surprised I didn't drop the bag.
I forgot to specify and tell the lady that I wanted a 'frozen' mouse. The usual guy remembers what I get so I never have to tell him. I didn't even think that not every one in the store knows what I buy every week.
They poked fun of me when I got back to switch it for a frozen mouse. The lady asked why I thought she stapled it. I didn't even think anything of it.
Man, it was embarrassing. But, extremely funny.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:52 PM   #2
ravendance
OOPS!!!! Yeah, that is pretty funny - just curious though, you get one frozen mouse at a time? *shrug* I'm surprised that the bag didn't "move" on your way home!!

Old 09-07-2014, 10:25 PM   #3
rocketshipwalker
Yeah, I get one at a time. I always have one extra in my freezer though, just in case they don't have the size I need one week.
I have to go there every week anyways to buy crickets, so I figure why waste the freezer space by buying bulk.
The bag didn't move at all on the way home. I was so confused.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:21 AM   #4
Nanci
That's funny!!

Old 09-16-2014, 01:33 AM   #5
Ecim
I've never heard of live mice being put into a stapled bag. Usually they go into those specialty carrier boxes.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:26 PM   #6
AliCat37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecim View Post
I've never heard of live mice being put into a stapled bag. Usually they go into those specialty carrier boxes.
Really? On the rare occasion I've needed a live mouse they always come in a stapled paper bag o.o

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google