CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Could it be IBD?

Old 09-15-2014, 09:14 PM   #21
ravendance
I'm so sorry you lost her I would second contacting the vets to see if they would like to do a necropsy on her to learn (possibly) what happened...

Old 09-16-2014, 06:22 PM   #22
Hearts-a-Glow
Can snakes have aneurysms or a stroke? Compromised muscle control, changes in behavior... I thought you said something about her mouth being open (facial drooping)? I know if they could have them the symptoms would probably be dissimilar to a human's, but it's another avenue of thought.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #23
LMS68
I have no clue. But I think the mouth thing was probably because she was very near the end.

Though I would have loved to know what happened, my son decided to bury her. A few days after, once he was over the worst of it, he regretted that he didn't let me chill her so we could send her to Guelph Vet University.

Martha's breeder has another young snake identical to Martha, I am tempted to get it but my son wants to wait.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #24
Nanci
Maybe you need a snake for yourself :-)

Old 10-02-2014, 06:19 PM   #25
daddio207
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMS68 View Post
Though I would have loved to know what happened, my son decided to bury her. A few days after, once he was over the worst of it, he regretted that he didn't let me chill her so we could send her to Guelph Vet University.
I'm sorry for your loss....

When I owned my pet store I had an on-call Vet. Came right to the store and went through my animals including reptiles which was her special interest in Vet school. Almost every time a reptile passed for seemingly no reason she perform an autopsy. It was a rarity that she could actually determine what the cause was beyond an educated guess.
Have no regrets and take Nanci's advice

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google