• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

OMG what are those popping up?!

OMGosh I have goose bumps!!! I am so happy that it looks like it is proving genetic for you. Nice Job Kaylin! Now lets hope you gave Mommy an amel tiny scale.

I can't wait to see pictures.

OMG I just found out that the first pippy, that had been hiding under the eggs, actually is a tiny scaled baby already!!!! No missing scales on the head ... but clearly the 'higher pixels = sharper edged patterns' thing going on. And... no orange, like Why.

:dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

Below a pic of the 'micro pave/high definition' and a normal sibling from this clutch :)

I forgot to take a pic of the belly; that's also a give away; the first quarters of the three mp corns I have now, show no checkers, then gradually more show up. The belly of the normal sibling looks normal.

Attachments

• tiny_scaled_2011.jpg
    tiny_scaled_2011.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 251
*squeal* It is a tiny!!! The fact that it still has head scales might make them more desirable to some people.

This is so awesome! Congrats!
Hmmmmm, we are going to have to figure out a way to send one or two, of those, my way... orrrrr maybe when you take your next Holiday trip, to the U.S., I could name one of the babies "Stowaway".:D ;)

That is awesome! So does that prove it out genetically? If so, I would love to get my hands on some het babies one day... I love the cleanliness of the pattern. They are amazing...

Thanks all for being happy for me :)

@outcast; it dose prove it is not a one time occurence, and the amount of these in a clutch indicate IMO that it is a recessive trait. Next year I hope to breed one of the '10's to his mother to figure it out further :)

The other suspected tiny scaled baby emerged and indeed is another one :) I'll take piccies later today when I get them out! Its background is as white as Why's, maybe even brighter, have to see after the first shed. This one does have a somewhat 'weird' looking head, with the brownish nose Why has but no missing scales as far as I can see. The weird look comes from smalle scales on the head I think.

Two amels are showing their noses but nothing more still... *ARGH*

Last edited:
Photo's of micro pave hatchlings

I feel this has gotten to a point where it can be given a name, since it is not a one time occurence, I decided to go with 'Micro pave corn' :) Thank you to the person mentioning it!

This is the first micro pave;

First part of the bellyside;

micropave-1a.jpg

From above;

micropave-1b.jpg

Close up (no scales missing)

micropave-1c.jpg

Underside:

micropave-1d.jpg

This one has more checkers on the first part of its body then the other one and the '10's, but still the checker pattern is different.

2nd micro pave, a little less clear background:

close up; room between eye and scales and further down a gap between scales.

micropave-2a.jpg

Sides;

micropave-2b.jpg

This one had still some egg yolk dangling, so I did not try to make belly pics.

Yes it is but is is quite common and not too bad in snake breeding. It is sais that only in the 10th generation of brother to sister inbreeding serious problems arise. Not sure about to child to parent but this is the 2nd generation I pkan to do it, I don't need to in future generations.

It was a good question, don't worry :)

This is just so exciting. Anymore of those amels out yet? I would have to say if I was there I would be cutting those holes bigger everytime one pipped.

Another normal is out, no micro pave as far as I can see now. One amel is out meanwhile, not a micro pave :( But there are also two eggs that are whole so there are still three changes :) And... there are two more eggs from the 2nd clutch Kaylinn laid, so another two changes :)

As a kid, I would never eat chinese food because I said they put lizard tails in it. Now Im gonna see a whole different scenerio...LOL

Am I the only one who looks at these corns and thinks of these corns?
WholeBabyCorn.jpg

Baby corns :) Or, what I call Stir-Fry corn.

Well I would LOVE to own one of those sharp edged pattern babies one day! So keep breeding, as long as long as it's safe! Maybe one of those days we'll be back in Germany, then I'll fly on over and get me one of 'em!

Back