CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

new to corn snake keeping

Old 03-27-2004, 07:49 PM   #1
Ashanti
new to corn snake keeping

I have bought a corn snake today, and very happy I am with it, another new snakaholic in the making I think, but would like to know if I could keep real plants in the tank with the snake. Not heard of anyone with plants in there tanks. I also would like to know if I have to spray inside the tank to keep the humidity up. The snake is about six months old . I would be pleased if anyone could help.

Old 03-27-2004, 08:20 PM   #2
MegF.
Most people have fake plants, but I do have a real one in my viv. My snake likes to climb on it, and sleep in the planter. I just cover the dirt with aspen to keep her out of the dirt. I only mist my viv when my snake is getting ready to shed. The rest of the time, I don't. I think there are some people on here who mist it everyday. You don't want too much moisture in there.

Old 03-27-2004, 09:18 PM   #3
paulc
If your humidity is over 55 you shouldn't need to spray your viv, I never need to.
Live plants can be used in the viv but the snake will soon mess them up (brake or poop on them).
Wellcome to this forum.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google