CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

*IMPORTANT* Question bout my breeder mice

Old 09-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #1
newsnakeowner1978
*IMPORTANT* Question bout my breeder mice

Hey All,
Quick question for ya. I finally got my mice and got to litters already. They mated the first nite I brought them home. lol So didnt' have to wait the 6 weeks for them to get used to each other. Anyways, I took the first litter of pinkys, and am keeping the litter i have now for the sm fuzzies. My question is, how fast will Anubis move up in mouse size if i stick the the munson plan. Should i be keeping mostly small and large fuzzies for the next few litters or will he move up from fuzzies to hoppers soon. Please Help. lol I needs to know ASAP. Tks all.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:01 AM   #2
Corny Noob
Well without knowing exactly how big he is now it's hard to say. Not to mention they all grow at different rates

Old 09-05-2007, 11:56 AM   #3
tyflier
You have only 1 snake? You need another one...

Seriously, most of my snakes grow out of pinkies fairly quickly. I would freeze enough for about 10 feedings for each size, and allow as many as possible to reach weanling and adult sizes. It is fairly quick to replace pinkies and fuzzies if you run out, and reasonably cheap. Keeping a stock of adults in the freezer takes a long time, and you'll need to start stocking up long before you actually need them, if you plan on supplying yourself.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:04 PM   #4
newsnakeowner1978
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflier
You have only 1 snake? You need another one...

Seriously, most of my snakes grow out of pinkies fairly quickly. I would freeze enough for about 10 feedings for each size, and allow as many as possible to reach weanling and adult sizes. It is fairly quick to replace pinkies and fuzzies if you run out, and reasonably cheap. Keeping a stock of adults in the freezer takes a long time, and you'll need to start stocking up long before you actually need them, if you plan on supplying yourself.

LOL yea I want another snake soooooooo bad but wife keeps saying HELL NO. lol but tks for the tips thought tyflier. Really appreciate it. I will stick to that idea. Anubis is already on the 2 pinkys every 4 days and soon will be up to the small fuzzies. My mice are lil horn dogs. lol Already got 2 litters in the freezer and another one is about to have babies any day now. Only got 2 females but they sure are producing lots of babies for me. Tks again for you help. Sry didnt' get in to say tks before this but been very busy and having been on the net since i wrote the question. lol later.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:45 PM   #5
Nanci
You're back!!! I was just thinking about you the other day- thinking about people who vanish, although you warned us. Did you get a new job? Is it freezing up there yet?? Is Anubis huge now?

Nanci

Old 09-16-2007, 02:32 PM   #6
newsnakeowner1978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci
You're back!!! I was just thinking about you the other day- thinking about people who vanish, although you warned us. Did you get a new job? Is it freezing up there yet?? Is Anubis huge now?

Nanci
Hey Nanci,
Still dont' have a job yet but still in the process of opening up my pet store. Not freezing here yet but getting chilly. Anubis is now 19 grams. packing on the weight. Got him on the munson plan and it is working great.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google