CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

First LIVE meal....

Old 06-29-2009, 05:23 PM   #11
danielle
I am not a killer Eric I promise my point was that just because it is live now it doesn't have to stay that way if the snake is used to frozen thawed though rereading it does sound gruesome. Most pet stores will gas the live ones if you ask for free, but other wise a good thwacking does the trick,lol Don't be scurred Eric I'm totally harmless

Old 06-29-2009, 05:41 PM   #12
chad27
wack it in a bag wow lol

Old 06-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #13
chad27
wack it in a bag wow lol

Old 06-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #14
danielle
It quick easy and less inhumane than freezing the fuzzy alive. In the wild snakes can get away from their prey when they attack and how many wild adult snakes have you seen without scars? Me none and in a cage where the snake can't escape much worse can happen

Old 06-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #15
chad27
Good point. Just wish mine would eat f/t

Old 06-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #16
medusacoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad27 View Post
wack it in a bag wow lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad27 View Post
wack it in a bag wow lol
How humane do think it is, to allow a snake to slowly strangle, squeeze or constrict a mouse to death? Ya know, a quick whack and boom (litterally) it's over.

Your Right on Danielle! LOL!

Wayne

Old 06-29-2009, 09:57 PM   #17
vetusvates
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle View Post
I am not a killer Eric I promise my point was that just because it is live now it doesn't have to stay that way if the snake is used to frozen thawed though rereading it does sound gruesome. Most pet stores will gas the live ones if you ask for free, but other wise a good thwacking does the trick,lol Don't be scurred Eric I'm totally harmless

I'm not too scurred, Danielle. You never leave a thought or sentence vague or cloudy about what you mean---and I love you for it.
Only God in Heaven knows how many mice I've raised since 1975 or so, and how many mouse heads I've disarticulated, at the C1/C2 level, such that the little mickey or minnie just looked at sweet heavenly peace. But a simple bashing or thwacking serves the same purpose perfectly.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:19 PM   #18
chad27
Well i never said a snake constricting a mouse was humane. mine just dont do dead thats all

Old 06-29-2009, 10:46 PM   #19
danielle
I love you too Eric- why don't we have kissing smiley's? Chad I was not picking on you btw. If you have tried prekilled, tease feeding prekilled, brained, warmed, slit, and flavored with tuna or chicken juice and still couldn't convert your snake after allowing it to miss a few meals and become real hungry then so be it. I was just pointing out to the OP if his snake does eat frozen thawed then prekilling was a better ideal.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:49 PM   #20
chad27
oh i havent tried chicken juice. do u mean like raw chicken?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google