CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Bumps on his tail

Old 03-11-2018, 06:09 PM   #1
Felix2018
Bumps on his tail

My corn snake is 12 years old and he’s got these two bumps near the end of his tail they feel like muscle but look like fat pockets not sure if they are just his body or if they are a health concern.

Any thoughts ? Name:  IMG_3661.JPG
Views: 1351
Size:  339.0 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-11-2018, 08:17 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
You did say it was a male right? He's probably "Well Endowed," but you can always carry him to a vet if you want to be sure.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:18 PM   #3
Felix2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
You did say it was a male right? He's probably "Well Endowed," but you can always carry him to a vet if you want to be sure.

Thankyou very much I may just take him in just in case !

Old 03-12-2018, 12:57 AM   #4
Shiari
Karl, those lumps are cranial to the cloaca, not caudal to it. The hemipenes are located up inside the tail and are parallel to each other. The only time they'd be swollen like that is if they were infected, had an injury, or had developed masses.
As these are cranial to the vent, your most likely culprit is indeed fat deposits, but tumors and cysts are also a real possibility so your best bet is to see a vet.

Old 03-12-2018, 11:08 AM   #5
Twolunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Karl, those lumps are cranial to the cloaca, not caudal to it. The hemipenes are located up inside the tail and are parallel to each other. The only time they'd be swollen like that is if they were infected, had an injury, or had developed masses.
As these are cranial to the vent, your most likely culprit is indeed fat deposits, but tumors and cysts are also a real possibility so your best bet is to see a vet.
I agree, those are most likely fat deposits. It's hard to tell the condition of the complete corn body from the pictures, but he appears very healthy and well care for, and I hope those are just a sign of eating well for 12 years. Do let us know what your vet determines.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:12 AM   #6
Felix2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
I agree, those are most likely fat deposits. It's hard to tell the condition of the complete corn body from the pictures, but he appears very healthy and well care for, and I hope those are just a sign of eating well for 12 years. Do let us know what your vet determines.

Thankyou everyone we are taking him to the vet for a check up to see what’s going on once we find out what it is I will definitely pass it on to everyone
Thanks for the help guys!!

Old 03-29-2018, 05:59 PM   #7
Felix2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix2018 View Post
Thankyou everyone we are taking him to the vet for a check up to see what’s going on once we find out what it is I will definitely pass it on to everyone
Thanks for the help guys!!

We have taken Felix to the vet and have discovered that they are just fat pockets. The vet said that corns like to store their fat in funny places, but we will be keeping an eye on them

Old 03-29-2018, 07:32 PM   #8
Shiari
I'm super glad to hear they're just fat deposits.

Old 03-29-2018, 09:09 PM   #9
DLena
Whew! You could “Big Bottomed Girl” to your noodle. Lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google