CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Rescue corn. Morph unknown.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:59 PM   #1
Hikari
Rescue corn. Morph unknown.

So, I purchased a new corn snake from Craigslist. Someone needed him rehomed, and the price was right. Pity almost everything he came with was a hot mess reeking of cigarette smoke and needs/needed replaced, but that's a story for another thread (would explain why he was so cheap to come with everything though).

I was told he was male, around 2-3 years old. Morph is unknown. My best guess is some sort of Anerythristic, but I have no idea what kind (there's like, three versions last I read).

I posted a vid to YouTube, because he would NOT sit still for pics. I used my white craft light to get the truest colors possible.

(Also, excuse the mess you'll see in the background. I forgot to clean up before recording, and it's been a busy week for my bedroom/reptile room )

Old 12-08-2018, 09:44 AM   #2
chris68
If I had to guess it's probably an Anery "A", but it "could" maybe be a Cinder morph too...?...I don't think it is, but rhere's so much variance in morphs nowadays...Anery A's seem to exhibit dimorphism, where the females and males look somewhat different...Male anery's, especially older ones tends toward, earthy, pastel kind of colors, whereas the females tend to be more "stark", grays, brown and black...I think it's a pretty Anery "A", and nice job on the rescue

Old 12-08-2018, 10:08 AM   #3
chris68
Looking at it twice it may even be a normal ie "Classic"...What color are the eyes?...It's neat

Old 12-08-2018, 03:45 PM   #4
Twolunger
I had a female corn similarly colored. She was an Anery Caramel, but she did have other recessive genes in her background too.

Old 12-09-2018, 01:03 AM   #5
Hikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68 View Post
If I had to guess it's probably an Anery "A", but it "could" maybe be a Cinder morph too...?...I don't think it is, but rhere's so much variance in morphs nowadays...Anery A's seem to exhibit dimorphism, where the females and males look somewhat different...Male anery's, especially older ones tends toward, earthy, pastel kind of colors, whereas the females tend to be more "stark", grays, brown and black...I think it's a pretty Anery "A", and nice job on the rescue
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68 View Post
Looking at it twice it may even be a normal ie "Classic"...What color are the eyes?...It's neat
Yeah, I'm thinking he's probably just a normal Anery if he was originally gotten from somewhere they didn't even know his morph (makes me wonder how accurate his sexing is too). Then again, I've seen some surprising corns pop up at big box stores, so it might not be unheard of for him to be a Cinder or something (which was my next best guess). I really only care just in case I decide to trade/sell him in the future, since I'm still not sure if I'll want to keep him long term. Anery's aren't really my thing (but I suppose he could grow on me).

His eyes are really pretty. They're grey, but look kinda speckled. Seems to be a theme with him. Dark speckles on his eyes, scales, I even noticed some on his tongue! XD

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google