CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Ordering new cages?... For my tiny house!

Old 06-12-2018, 08:50 PM   #1
Dorgrim
Ordering new cages?... For my tiny house!

Hello all!

I constantly lurk but I finally have a good question to throw everyones way, since some of the older "where to get cages from" threads are from 2011 and what not.

BUT essentially I purchased some cages from Constrictors NW in february... I am patient, but come down to it I was sent only one cage (a week ago), for my 4 snakes, that were custom order to fit in my tiny house on wheels, kitchen...

Needless to say, I am irate, BUT thanks to paypal, I can get the money back and invest in new cages for my two corns, dwarf boa and rat snake.

So without further ado... Custom snake cage builders? Im running low on time but I am happy to pay a penny or two for slim in form cages that I can use my UTH's on.

It would be great too if they stack and are 24 x 36 (since I am building this house, thats the exact size of the counter/stand I built for them!

Its been a long process building my own house but I was crushed to have this happen with my tinyhouse cages...

I figured I would ask too since people have had more time to run the life of boaphiles and things of the sort and some places have gone out of business and the like.

thanks much

(snakes are going to go on the cabinet to the left in the kitchen!
https://twitter.com/TFischConcept/st...10220540833793
feel free to take a look at the work in progress heh...)

<3

Old 06-12-2018, 09:35 PM   #2
Shiari
You could try contacting the people at serpentine obsessions.

Old 06-13-2018, 04:40 AM   #3
MysticExotics
Did he say why he only sent one?
I have Animal Plastics, I really like them.

Old 06-13-2018, 12:55 PM   #4
Dorgrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
Did he say why he only sent one?
I have Animal Plastics, I really like them.
He said he ran out of material and didn't have the money to buy more, and misread my invoice, then offered me carpet pythons as compensation.

I had paid in full so... the not enough money wasn't an excuse , and isn't still.

@twolunger
I mean, it's a tiny house, everything is kinda the kitchen hah. And good thing she's not my wife hah.

Old 06-16-2018, 03:14 AM   #5
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorgrim View Post
He said he ran out of material and didn't have the money to buy more, and misread my invoice, then offered me carpet pythons as compensation.

I had paid in full so... the not enough money wasn't an excuse , and isn't still.

@twolunger
I mean, it's a tiny house, everything is kinda the kitchen hah. And good thing she's not my wife hah.
That has to be frustrating.

I did see that he was going to stop making cages, due to the increasing cost of materials and shipping.

I hope you're able to get your enclosures soon!

Old 06-18-2018, 08:31 PM   #6
Dorgrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
That has to be frustrating.

I did see that he was going to stop making cages, due to the increasing cost of materials and shipping.

I hope you're able to get your enclosures soon!
Yeah this was part of the reasoning but I figured I would have been notified before now seeing as I ordered them 1st week of February hah.

Im continuing my hunt

Old 06-13-2018, 10:44 AM   #7
Twolunger
I wish you well in finding a supplier, but snakes in the kitchen? My wife would have me and my corns living in a homeless shelter. Even with the best sanitation they still defecate.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:06 AM   #8
Twolunger
I always thought about building a foot board at the bottom of the king size bed where I could have a row of tanks or containers. Then if I have insomnia I could watch the snakes. I also thought about raising the bed higher and putting rows of containers along the sides. My wife took my temperature because she said I was delirious.

We have bought racks from Dragons4U here in Florida. I'm sure he said he could also make custom racks. I haven't seen him in a few years, but he still has a website. You may want to check with him. He does quality work.