CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Mandy the normal corn snake

Old 05-12-2016, 04:34 PM   #61
DollysMom
Lol cinnabunbun! True. I never thought of that!

Old 05-15-2016, 09:36 PM   #62
DollysMom
Shed-a-palooza!

Sorry for the poor quality, my finger in the way moment, and the TV in the background, but it happened so fast!

Mandy is in the living room and when I turn on the lights at sundown, I cover her viv with a cloth to give her some privacy. When I started to go over she had emerged from the humid hide and was drinking. But I also noticed that she was mid shed.

I barely had time to grab my phone and turn on a light. I've seen the videos and have even caught Cleo once mid shed but it is amazing how fast it goes.

So here is the video. It's just a minute long. I did see her shed the tail but it was way in back and I couldn't video it. I then got the fresh shed out and it measured 60 inches long.

Totally perfect! WTG Mandy!

https://youtu.be/_BGOC00Ta34

Perfect shed:

Pretty shed girl! Sorry for all the UTH and thermostat cords -- this was a very quick snapshot before leaving her to rest.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:56 PM   #63
albertagirl
Woo speedy! Good job Mandy!!
I love that she's still quite dark. She's super pretty. You can tell her I said so.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:07 PM   #64
DollysMom
I will Albertagirl! Thank you.

She didn't spend the last two days in the humid hide for nothing! She just slipped right out of that old skin. It must feel so good!

Old 05-16-2016, 05:12 AM   #65
Karl_Mcknight
she didn't waste any time getting the job done.

Love the last pic. She's looking up at you. She's adorable and she knows it.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:45 AM   #66
DollysMom
Thanks Karl! You are so right about her being adorable. I can't believe how long this girl sat unadopted, seeing how precious she is. Thank goodness for her foster mom!

After watching some other snake shedding videos on YouTube last night, mine's not as bad as I thought, even with the finger moment.

As to speed, yeah healthy corn snakes are really fast shredders! No wonder we miss it most of the time. If she hadn't stopped to take a drink I never would've seen this. I'm guesstimating that from start to finish the whole shed took less than five minutes.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:15 PM   #67
DollysMom
Mandy had her post shed outing today. So, now we know what her color in daylight actually is. At least on my iPad, these look true to color.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:22 PM   #68
Karl_Mcknight
love her black borders and her dark colors. I still think she has some of the darkest coloring I have seen for a "Normal." She is stunning. Even the tiny yellow tinge on her snout.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:59 PM   #69
DollysMom
Thank you Karl. I'll tell her. I love that touch of yellow, too.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:07 AM   #70
DollysMom
This is just a short clip of Mandy. It was taken yesterday right after I weighed her. She's a gentle soul.

http://youtu.be/pH_9CSFdmB0

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google