CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Hurricane Motley

Old 05-23-2018, 04:04 PM   #1
Zaltys
Hurricane Motley

I just received my 1 year old Anery Hurricane Motley today!! His name is Kukulkan. He has some very light, almost pinkness to his hurricane spots, and seems quite "warm" coloured for an anery. I had an anery once (just normal anery, nuthin fancy) and he didnt have any coloures except the small yellowing under his head as he matured. Does anyone think this guy has any other morphs going on I dont know about? Like phantom or opal or something? Just curious!!! Im new to all these morphs

Old 05-23-2018, 04:09 PM   #2
Zaltys
another photo

Old 05-23-2018, 04:45 PM   #3
mcrowland
I've got a lot of catching up too! I also had a "plain" anery, found out he was het amel

Love that hurricane pattern! Very pretty snake you've got.

Old 05-23-2018, 05:18 PM   #4
Zaltys
thanks!!! I forgot to mention the 2nd photo is a bit saturated in hue to show the pinkness. The 1st photo is totally natural with no enhancement. I wanted to mention that!

Old 05-23-2018, 05:43 PM   #5
mcrowland
It will be interesting to see what Don says about it.

Please post his response. Curious minds want to know

Old 05-23-2018, 05:49 PM   #6
Zaltys
and here is his response!!! He will check to be double sure, but it looks as though Im a lucky gal gettin' this guy
------------
"He was showing a tinge of pinky in the ground color, so I think that could increase, but without checking his cage label right now, I don't think he is anything more than Anery Motley. I'll check to be certain. Definitely no phantom or opal in him. I'll get back to you on that. If I hadn't kept two from the two years previous, I'd never have sold that one. Love that look, and I only get one or two from that pair of adults every year. Hence, they are definitely more than what they appear to be. How much more, I haven't bothered to find out yet. "

Old 05-23-2018, 09:41 PM   #7
mcrowland
oh yeah! Looks like there may be more in there!

Now I'm wondering "how much more" too!

Old 05-24-2018, 08:40 AM   #8
Zaltys
So Don got back to me and wrote this about his genetics

"Okay, our male is a Hurricane Motley that is possibly-het Amel (therefore, possibly het Snow) and female, 1639 is a single RedFactor copy carrier Anery Motley.
SO, this snake likely has one copy of the RedFactor gene mutation, but is otherwise only possibly het Amel. "

Old 05-24-2018, 12:21 PM   #9
DeuceRon
That's a beauty!!

Old 05-24-2018, 12:23 PM   #10
Zaltys
thanks!! Now Im just waiting for him to come out of his hide so I can take some shots of him in his tank or on my hand. He was quite a skittish fella, so it might be some time lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google