CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Monstrous 6 year old creamsicle

Old 05-12-2006, 12:46 PM   #91
Tracee
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticknives
wow.

i haven't been on these forums long, and mostly I've just been reading-
i'm getting my corn in september and wanted to buff up on the info..... not to mention i love gawking at the pictures of the gorgeous things (I am talking about the snakes, contrary to 90% of the people on this thread, ha)

but that snake is ENOURMOUS!

I decided on a corn for size purposes, maybe I should reconsider! Im sure there's a difference between my boyfriend okaying a tiny juvenile from the snake rescue and agreeing to house a monster like charlie!
I know your snake has an rare case of ENOURMOUS SNAKE-ITiS, but i sure hopw my corn doesnt get that big!

Hopefully, in that rare case, it'll have grown on him by then. (hah!)

I guess i should avoid showing him these pictures (for obviously more than one reason, lol- or wait- maybe the attractive presentation of the snake will sway him!)

thanks for the entertainment, too, this thread was unusually amusing
Haha, yeah he's a bit of a beast! I didn't realise quite how large he was until I started taking notes of the weights everyone else's were.

Good call! I wouldn't let your boyfriend see photos of monster corns, might scare him! Just let him fall in love with the wiggly worm sized-ones and then he'll already have grown to love the one you take home by the time it gets gigantinormous If it gets gigantinormous.

I find him much easier to handle now than when he was a juvi, so there are plus sides to them growing so large.

Yes this thread is definitely that!

Quote:
oh yeah, i was going to ask- what size viv do you keep him in? or does he get his own room?
I don't actually know what 'gallon' his viv is... (shameful). It's approx 4' by 3' by 2'. Twas the largest I could buy at the time, and I just kept a 'sweater box' type container inside it when he was a baby because I'd done my reading up and didn't want to scare him. He never used it though, 'intimidated' isn't in his vocabulary.

I'm already in talks about a custom made viv which would be quite spectacular I'm moving house once again this year (fingers crossed) and I'm thinking a good wall-sized viv would be nice for him!

Old 05-14-2006, 02:02 PM   #92
Tracee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
Still waiting for camo and cowboy hat pictures.

Don't disappoint!
Humblest apologies Joe, but Charles and I are unexpectedly leaving home and the opportunity to take said photographs has not arisen. I shall deliver, eventually.

We've moved house before but he was a baby then, I do hope it doesn't stress him out. Will see you all soon when I'm back on le Tinterweb

x

Old 05-14-2006, 02:10 PM   #93
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracee
Humblest apologies Joe, but Charles and I are unexpectedly leaving home and the opportunity to take said photographs has not arisen. I shall deliver, eventually.

We've moved house before but he was a baby then, I do hope it doesn't stress him out. Will see you all soon when I'm back on le Tinterweb

x
i take it there won't be any horses in those pics?

Old 06-22-2006, 03:24 PM   #94
Tracee
Hehe. Brilliant. No, I'm afraid there won't

We're back!! For anyone that missed us!1

*tumbleweed*

I've been given some "small" rats to feed next. The jumbo mice had stopped being jumbo quite frankly, and I'm sure The Sir does not appreciate this. I'm absolutely terrified of offering one of these beasts to him, but they've met him and reckon he can handle it so I guess I have to try. Gulp.

It's good to be back

Old 06-22-2006, 05:34 PM   #95
Roy Munson
Quote:
We're back!! For anyone that missed us!1

*tumbleweed*

I've been given some "small" rats to feed next. The jumbo mice had stopped being jumbo quite frankly, and I'm sure The Sir does not appreciate this. I'm absolutely terrified of offering one of these beasts to him, but they've met him and reckon he can handle it so I guess I have to try. Gulp.

It's good to be back
Good to have you back, Tracee. Are these rats that you've been given live or f/t? If they're live, I'd be terrified too. Rats can be tough customers. Even an anaconda hybrid like Sir Chas may have a rough time with one. I know you'll be careful...

Old 06-24-2006, 08:16 AM   #96
Tracee
Hi Dean Yay people remember us. Well..person remembers us good person though Get to the point, Trace..

They are f/t. However being rather pathetic as I am, this makes me no less scared! I've got a new feeding container for him, and I'm just going to have to get over my fears and hope for the best. It's feeding day today.

Tried to get a few shots of him in his new home this week, but he didn't like the light on (it was very bright, and I had just woken him up) so very few are in focus. Anyway.

He's not getting any smaller

Old 06-24-2006, 03:01 PM   #97
lefty_mussolini
Woohoo, they're back with more pics!!! How could we not remember the lovely lady with the MONSTER Creamsicle

Old 06-24-2006, 04:33 PM   #98
Candachan
Wowzers, have you ever thought of breeding that beast???

Old 06-25-2006, 10:30 AM   #99
Tracee
Hi Trevor It's good to be back, we missed this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candachan
Wowzers, have you ever thought of breeding that beast???
Ah, this is where you give Trace dilemmas On the one hand, he's my pet (and a very good one!) and I never intended to breed him. Or more accurately, always thought I'd rather not take the risk of getting something wrong, or losing him in hibernation, etc etc.

On the other hand, so many herpers tell me it's such a waste to have a 'specimen' like him and not see if breeding him passed on the mutant gene, as it were. A clutch full of monster corns, can you imagine

It's always a possibility I guess, but not something I've entertained up til now.

Dean I thought you'd like to know, the feeding was most successful and I don't really know what I was worried about now. He looked at me afterwards, tongue flicking as if to say, "And? Where's the next one?".

Men.

Old 06-25-2006, 01:31 PM   #100
Roy Munson
Quote:
Dean I thought you'd like to know, the feeding was most successful and I don't really know what I was worried about now. He looked at me afterwards, tongue flicking as if to say, "And? Where's the next one?".

Men.
Even with f/t, I could still understand the worry. A rat seems a lot... denser than a mouse. But I doubted he would have a problem anyway. He's looking huger than ever! Glad it went smoothly.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google