CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Lets see you and your corns!

Old 11-27-2008, 10:09 PM   #931
Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondiblue View Post
Me and my baby corn dangling from my hat. She will absolutely not sit still for anything.
Bondiblue, am I seeing this right or do you have two different colored eyes?

Old 11-28-2008, 07:41 AM   #932
Tracee
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny819 View Post
Heres a few crappy pics of me and my new addition, just got him last night. I am new to corns (more of a big snake guy but this is something for my daughter and me to do togather and some of my retics are really nippy so she isnt allowed around them). I got him as a proven male butter but he has a lot of white. I am supposed to be getting him 2 girlfriends this weekend.
2 girlfriends?! Lucky man

That one doesn't look too tiny and I think it's really sweet to get corns so your daughter can share in your hobby. Although, if I'd loved corns as much when I was a little girl as I do now, I would probably have about 400 of them by now!

Old 11-28-2008, 08:17 AM   #933
danny819
The butter guy is about 4 and a half feet. I am definitly not going to try to breed him this year because I noticed he has a little wheeze going on and I want to get that streightened out. I am keeping his tank a little warmer and if that dont take care of it I will give him some antibiotics in about 2 weeks. the fella that I am getting the females from told me he has a male he could part with too so tommorow I will be picking up

1.0 ultramel proven and he is an 04.

0.1 amel upperkeys outcross het for anery,hypo and bloodred she is an early 06 supposedly proven (seems kind of young to be proven already) and I am told ready to be cooled now.

0.1 normal upperkeys outcross het for amel, anery,hypo and bloodred also an 06 and clutchmate to the above female.

They will be going on sammies (my daughter) side of the snake room and she will be doing all of the care for them like she does for her 2 sonorans. All in all thats a pretty killer collection for a 10 year old.

Old 11-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #934
scubadiver
Your daughter has two sonorans? Aren't they snapy. My dad has one and he has to wear leather gloves when getting her out. Your daughter is very lucky to have those corns.

Old 11-28-2008, 02:13 PM   #935
danny819
yes she has 2 sonoran gopher snakes. I got one (the normal) for her as a hatchling from jason at envy,and the albino from a local petstore also as a hatchling, they are in the gallery on my profile. The normal is one of the sweetest snakes I have ever dealt with, she can touch his head open his mouth and do whatever she pleases and he is cool with it but the albino is a little chainsaw. He bit her in the petstore while she was holding him and she still wanted him and at 3 years old he will still do the whole threat display complete with loud hissing , rearing the front of his body up and puffing up and a pretty loud tail rattle. Once she takes him out with a hook he moves quick for a few minutes and then calms down. He has only bit when you reach into his cage and never outside of it. She won't let me sell/trade him though because she says his next owner won't understand him or how to deal with him and might not treat him right. Just goes to show the difference in buying from a respected guy like jason and a pet store.

Old 11-28-2008, 02:24 PM   #936
Chip
Or goes to show the difference in the attitudes of the individual animals, regardless of how they were cared for at an early age...

Old 11-28-2008, 02:38 PM   #937
danny819
Quote:
Originally Posted by elrojo View Post
Or goes to show the difference in the attitudes of the individual animals, regardless of how they were cared for at an early age...
I agree theres definitly a difference in temperment between individual animals. Right now i have 2 retics both from some of the best breeders out there (bob clark and nerd) and my tiger het albino will guarrantee a 5 minute session of dodging strikes as i take him out every time but he is fine outside of his cage and my albino is puppy dog tame and I can reach in 5 mins after eating and not shed a drop of blood.
With the sonoran I know envy is top notch and I had feeding records and the like but with the petstore I was lucky to know when it ate last or if it was even eating.I know the sonorans are the roughly same age because they were the same size and we got them 2 weeks apart but the albino is much smaller than the normal now and since I know nothing about its origin i am lead to believe his family tree has no branches.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:54 PM   #938
scubadiver
ok that makes since ours is a sonoran boa. My dad is the only one to handle her. her name is little bit. you can imagine what its short for I think i'll stick to the corn snakes. I've only had them bit because of something stupid i did and even then it doesn't hurt so im ok with that.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:25 PM   #939
newsnakeowner1978
soon gonna have to get one on i guess. lol

Old 06-24-2009, 12:41 PM   #940
UniqueSnakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornhybrid View Post
this is me and my first baby corn!!!
wow..what a difference in appearence a year makes..well i just wanted to revive this thread and post an updated pic of myself.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google