CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

2021 planned pairings

Old 01-04-2021, 07:19 AM   #11
67temp
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Oh man, that male is such a gorgeous snake! Did you brumate your snakes? I've only tried pairing my snakes once so far and they both freaked out. I figured it's still too early in the year for them.
Thanks, He's the sire to the one I had intended to use so my plans aren't really messed up a whole bunch.

I start emptying mine mid Sept. Oct 1-dec 1 they are in brumation at 55*-65*. Beginning of dec I bring them up and start feeding. Most of my females have already shed. We had rain yesterday and 3 of my pairs locked.

Old 02-22-2021, 11:51 AM   #12
67temp
Quote:
2021 planned pairings
-Amel het motley X ultramel anery motley 15 eggs

-ghost het charcoal X hypo pewter ph stripe (repeat pairing from last year) He was willing but she wasn't, no observed locks but she is looking gravid.

-extreme okeetee X amel het motley 16 eggs

-Anery het amel X high white snow tessera (high white ERO line) Introductions have begun

-Caramel shatter Miami het bloodred X caramel Miami het sunkissed, cinder ph amel, bloodred He figured things out eventually, 21 eggs

-Motley tessera Miami X Miami het amel ph motley prelay shed done

-Caramel shatter Miami het bloodred X Miami het motley Honey bloodred miami het cinder ph amel X Miami het motley, 18 eggs

-Honey bloodred miami het cinder ph amel X honey tessera ph amel, stripe Caramel Shatter Miami het Bloodred X honey tessera ph amel, stripe, prelay shed
I swapped males on two of the clutches above.
Might also have a clutch of Kunishar island Japanese rats.
-Zombie Motley 66%ph cinder X cinder zombie Motley
-Zombie motley 66%ph cinder X same

Old 02-22-2021, 01:12 PM   #13
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
I swapped males on two of the clutches above.
Might also have a clutch of Kunishar island Japanese rats.
-Zombie Motley 66%ph cinder X cinder zombie Motley
-Zombie motley 66%ph cinder X same
You're already getting eggs? Awesome!

You're going to have some amazing babies this year!

Old 02-22-2021, 02:56 PM   #14
67temp
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
You're already getting eggs? Awesome!

You're going to have some amazing babies this year!
4 clutches so far and hopefuly another 1 or 2 dropping in a week.

I'm hoping for a female caramel shatter. It will also be pretty cool to see what patterns I get from a honey tessera het cinder. I know sunkissed tessera can throw some weird stuff but I'm interest in what 100% het cinder would do to it.

Old 02-26-2021, 11:21 AM   #15
zoe11032
My first breeding season ever and I got my first visual lock yesterday! Male amel cinder het caramel and female ultramel tessera. Hopefully the pictures don’t come out too large lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-26-2021, 11:36 AM   #16
hypnoctopus
Not sure if you meant to post your pictures in this thread, but feel free to start your own thread with breeding pics so we don't take over 67temp's breeding thread! Also, your male doesn't appear to be a peppermint.

Old 04-05-2021, 12:30 PM   #17
67temp
Several clutches are right around day 50 and starting to dimple. So hopefully babies soon.

I have a zombie girl that just shed and is very gravid. My pewter girl just turned blue but her cycle has seemed off this breeding season so I have not idea what she is doing or if she is gravid.

My high white snow tessera female is unproven and showed no interest. I double checked the sex. I guess she just isn't ready yet. The green blotched anery het amel male I had planned to use with her is now getting paired to my anery tessera (poss super) ph amel.

Old 04-05-2021, 11:49 PM   #18
HarehollowFarm
Any action from your climacs yet?

Old 04-06-2021, 07:15 AM   #19
67temp
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarehollowFarm View Post
Any action from your climacs yet?
Her cycle has been a little weird. I had 3 confirmed locks back in late jan/early feb. Late feb and early march she was 50/50 for taking a mouse. She refused her last 5 mice offerings but took a hopper a few days ago. The past few weeks she has been in and out of her lay box constantly. Still no pre lay shed. So in short I have no clue what is going on with her.

Old 04-06-2021, 02:10 PM   #20
HarehollowFarm
Still seems like a strong maybe being off food and all... maybe pair them again and see is she lets him lock. If she doesn't then I'd assume she knows she's far enough along she'll give you eggs eventually and if she locks then maybe she's still trying to grow her follicles enough to fertilize.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google