CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Eggbound girl. Informative Egg Aspiration Video Included!

Old 04-17-2011, 12:23 AM   #21
jsschrei
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Hello,

I would like to make one suggestion regarding the video. Change the name.

I did a quick search on "Egg Aspiration" on youtube and your video is no where on the list. By making it easier to search its possible that many more people will gain such incredibly useful knowledge as this.

I was thinking something about Egg Bound Snake Egg Aspiration, or something to that effect. It would allow you to reach out to a wider audience.
Good suggestion. I'll try to do that on YouTube. I am not sure I've ever tried to change a title there, so I'll have to figure that out. Thanks.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:59 AM   #22
jsschrei
Kenya has shed.

Kenya shed tonight and seems to be doing very well. She didn't take a mouse fuzzy for me until yesterday after she was out of blue. She'll be given a normal meal tomorrow. No signs of infection.

Thank you everyone for your support!

Old 04-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #23
Nanci
Aren't you thrilled to see that your video has already helped one snake? I am!!

If you can't change the name, can you upload it again under a new name?

I'm happy to hear your girl is doing well!

Old 04-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #24
jsschrei
Thanks Nanci!

It was very gratifying that my video has already been useful!

I changed the name in You Tube, but it didn't seem to help it be "found" when key words were searched

Old 04-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #25
Christen
I found it with key words. I just typed in egg bound snake.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #26
Snakehead
That was awesome! Jessica would you mind if I link that on my web site? You did a great job. The only problem might be finding the syringe and disenfectant, unless you work for a Doctor.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:47 PM   #27
SnakeAround
I wonder where you actually punctured the skin? In between the scales you say, but in the middle or as far to the side as possible, like in the picture I attached? My vet told me to do that, she did not tell why though.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #28
jsschrei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakehead View Post
That was awesome! Jessica would you mind if I link that on my web site? You did a great job. The only problem might be finding the syringe and disenfectant, unless you work for a Doctor.
I don't mind at all. It might help to know that you can usually get needles and syringes at any feed/tack/vet supply shop. May be hard to find in a major city, but anywhere that there are horses or livestock will have those stores.

The disinfectant I buy through Reptile Basics. Here's the link:

http://www.reptilebasics.com/cleaning-products

Old 04-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #29
jsschrei
I went right smack in the middle. I actually followed some advice for ball pythons on the placement. Most of the rest of the process I followed using the Loves' book. I'd be afraid that by going that far over on the body you'd end up in the wall of the oviduct or missing it or not all of the way in the egg.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:29 PM   #30
Snakehead
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsschrei View Post
I don't mind at all. It might help to know that you can usually get needles and syringes at any feed/tack/vet supply shop. May be hard to find in a major city, but anywhere that there are horses or livestock will have those stores.

The disinfectant I buy through Reptile Basics. Here's the link:

http://www.reptilebasics.com/cleaning-products
Thank You so much! I do live in the country so I will check out The Tractor Supply store. I buy Panicure there in large tubes sold for horses. Hopefully i won't need to use them, but I like having things on hand. Thanks for the link too! I have purchased from Reptile Basics before, they have great stuff.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
aspiration, eggbound