CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

$550 Million- What Would You Do?

Old 11-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
Nanci
$550 Million- What Would You Do?

I'd buy a new SUV. I'd use it to drive around to look for the perfect piece of property, right here. I'd design and build a perfect little house, with a new and improved Fort Tort. With an outdoor kitchen.

I'd buy a cabin in the mountains in NC.

I don't know if I'd quit my job. I don't hate it, and the benefits are great. But I'd retire sooner than planned.

I'd hope my BF would feel like we could afford for him to move in with me...

I'd go up to MN and visit all my family.

I'd buy a big wine cellar, and stock it.

I'd buy an iPad Mini!!

I'd pay off all my debt.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
AliCat37
I just bought 10 tickets...

What would I do?

Donate a million to Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center

Donate a half million to Mission: Wolf

Pay off my school loans

Pay off my parent's debt- probably give them a nice chunk of change too!

Buy some land near Yellowstone National Park

Buy land in Northern California

Move the BF and I to the land in NorCal

Open a captive wildlife rescue

Work a regular job and feel safe knowing I have back up!

Old 11-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
crackerhead
Nanci you need to lower your spending because you really only get $205 million after taxes.

Terri

Old 11-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
dave partington
I'd chill out awhile ; take a deep psychological inventory before turning that ticket in.
And tell nobody. So friends & strangers wouldn't treat me differently.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #5
ghosthousecorns
I wouldn't want anyone to know, either! I'd tell people I had inherited a little money but not how much, just to explain why I was driving a nicer car lol. I'd pay off debts and help my family out and pay for my nephews to get a good education. I'd buy a chunk of land in Oregon. I'd buy all the nice morph corn snakes I could never afford and the horse I've wanted for so long but am afraid to get because they are so expensive. I would have a housekeeper to do dishes and laundry and that kind of stuff that I hate
I don't know if I'd quit my job but I would only work part-time so I had time and energy to do other stuff.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
screamindemon17
Talking

i would buy a large amount of property in washington and florida ...being im in construction i would build a cabin on both properties.... then make that property a private animal preserve for injured animals which when healed be released. Then invest the rest in gold .so when my kids are old enough they can go to college or buy a home with a good down. I would keep working to pay taxes...buy more snakes

Old 11-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #7
Pugsley
Well Jen, in Oregon the winners are public info, so you couldn't hide.

I'd divide $200 million into 50 $4 million pay outs and share them with 50 people from work, provided they quit on the same day with me (it be in a contract). No, I'm not happy at work and with the right people quitting, it would really hurt them. Yes, I can be vindictive when I want to be.

The rest I'd pay off all debts buy some property and set up some endangered domestic animal breeding programs, hiring a friend to supervise it all. Investing the majority of the money and not touching the principle.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #8
Rich Z
I would just sit at home pretending to be working on my will, and count up all the new friends I would suddenly have.....

Old 11-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #9
rich333
Buy a Palmetto or two?

Then Hide!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #10
dave partington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugsley View Post
Well, in Oregon the winners are public info, so you couldn't hide.
Couldn't you see a lawyer, setup a trust or somethinglike, and remain anonnymoose? so the trust wins the amount? there's got to be a way to get around that. does buying a lotto ticket mean that for 2 bucks you're buying the right to have your personal privacy revoked? Or are all persons financial info in Oregon considered public information to be viewed by all? Just curiously,
-he who lives in Florida where it's illegal to have sex with a porcupine
gee, Oregon seems pretty normal, maybe I'd retire there. always lookin for a loophole

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google