CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

$550 Million- What Would You Do?

Old 11-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #11
fyrefocks
I'd buy the word "coral" and sue the crap out of anyone who used it.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #12
rich333
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrefocks View Post
I'd buy the word "coral" and sue the crap out of anyone who used it.
LOL!!!!! Perfect!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #13
epicdoom
Buy my Kids there own house so they stop coming to mine. Build a nice House for me and the wife with a huge piece of property I can hunt and fish on. Make a sizable donation to my fellow Soldiers Wounded Warrior Fund. Build my own rescue center for animals. Drink a lot of beer. Buy the company I work for and fire all the office People for being holes in the payroll. Drink some more beer.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #14
Pugsley
Dave, I've wondered about a trust, but then I think the trust information is public. Will have to wait and find out, when I win, if ever.

From the Oregon Lottery site.
Quote:
5 - If I win a big prize, can I remain anonymous?

Some big Lottery winners want to share the good news. Others would like to remain anonymous. We try to respect the wishes of all of our Lottery winners. However, certain information about Lottery prizes is public record, including the name of the winner, amount of the prize, date of the drawing, name of the game played and city in which the winning ticket was purchased. Oregon citizens have a right to know that Lottery prizes are indeed being awarded to real persons. However, we do not give out any phone numbers, addresses or any other personal information.
And Dave, sex with animals is still legal in Germany, but they are working to change that. So if you hurry, you can go there and get your porcupine fix. If you can't get to Germany fast enough, then you'll have to go to Belgium, Denmark or Sweden, though Stockholm is considering a change in the legislation.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #15
dave partington
Wowzers Pugs, thanks for enabling!

Old 11-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #16
Pugsley
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave partington View Post
Wowzers Pugs, thanks for enabling!
It is a funny thing Dave, I was reading the BBC's web news earlier today and that was the most read story. So it was serendipity that I knew that.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #17
dave partington
What's the BBC?

Old 11-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #18
kathylove
First thing I would do...

is to contact a good lawyer to set up some kind of charitable foundation to make sure the "excess" (that I don't need) would go to causes of MY choosing, and to keep the gov't's grubby paws off as much as possible!

Only THEN would I have some fun with it!

Old 11-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #19
beccabozz
I'd pay off all of my bills - mortgage, car, student loans, etc. Then, I would travel, maybe a trip around the world, plus it's always been a dream of mine to see the Northern Lights. In between trips, I would do some volunteer work. Plus, I could afford a personal trainer who I'd probably fire after a month or two. When I was ready to retire, I'd become a snow bird spending winters in Arizona and summers in the wilds of Ontario, Canada. If only I'd remembered to buy a ticket.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #20
The_Thunderer
I'd give to my two favorite charities... possibly build a new home at one of them (I still work there)... set up college funds for my kids... Buy a big but modest house - with a SNAKE ROOM and another room to raise my own feeders...

Then I'd make sure that I didn't EVER have to worry about asking "how much" something was... just live off of the interest except for special purchases. LOL.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google