CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Who knows what morph he is? New member and new corn snake :)

Old 02-03-2020, 07:59 PM   #11
Frank Pinello
Shearing and Mistic are 100% correct.
Not a corn snake at all.

Old 02-03-2020, 08:01 PM   #12
Frank Pinello
Shiari....sorry damn spell check.

Old 02-04-2020, 12:36 AM   #13
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidsGirl View Post
Thank you so much Shiati! They said it was a “cinnamon corn snake” but i knew the morph was off but i didnt expect the species to be off!!

This is the page that shows baby black/eastern rats looking similar:

https://news.maryland.gov/dnr/2019/0...lleghaniensis/

I will prolly keep him if its a gopher (they look awesome and seem to have good temperaments from the stuff ive been reading on them so far but i need to do a LOT more reading and study on then before i decide for sure) but wont want to keep him if its a black rat... i dont like how they look as adults! Lol
No, DEFINITELY NOT a baby black rat snake. I have caught wild examples and hatched out enough of them when I lived in Maryland that I am quite familiar with them.

I've never kept bull or gopher snakes, but I have caught and hatched out baby northern pine snakes, which are the same genus (Pituophis) as the gophers and bulls, and the body build is quite similar. As for what species or subspecies, beats me. Maybe you should ask the place where you purchased it from to trace back their records to who it came from and see if you can get more info that way. I would think any place selling snakes would be willing to at least go that far to correct a glaring mistake like this.

As long as you are happy with what you got, I guess that is all that really matters.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google