CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Whats the deal!

Old 09-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #531
snakemom1961
Of course you didn't receive an infraction. It's the fraternity acting again. If this truly was a moderator run site, the mods wouldn't even THINK of stepping over the line and overlooking the rules. As much as Rich has allowed you all to oversee his site for him he's also allowed you all to pretty much say and do as you please when you please.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:27 AM   #532
LBoz
Good grief...if I had to put up with that kind of whining, I'd skip the infractions and just gouge out my eyes with a butter knife.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #533
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemom1961 View Post
Yep I was accused of being on by Susan herself. Then she went on to say that a B**** is a female dog. Let me as you, her and anyone else if you were called a B**** would you NOT take offense to it? I already know what you will say so don't bother with the answer. I know the fraternity sticks together and will forever be one.......so be it.
I'd have taken offense if I'd been called a name like that on here. I have a life elsewhere and don't consider myself thin-skinned. I have a fairly low tolerence for profanity though and may be mistaken as to what is or isn't acceptable on a 'family-friendly' forum.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #534
snakewispera snr
Can I ask.....
Did you get the mods jobs thrust upon you or did you apply....
Were you nominated and seconded against your will or with you co-operation...
How did the mod thing happen....
I remember Jeff getting his.... It seemed someone put it in his sig.... Jeff for mod.... And it happened....
Was that an admin approved thing or like the ones that people have in their sigs now.... As I haven't seen a post by Rich asking for nominations...

Old 09-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #535
danielle
I think we as adults should be able to share an opinion and not have people freak out even when marginally offensive. I think Susan's bonus comment was racial, and i also do not care that she shared it. It was an opinion and she's entitled to a political opinion even as a mod she is also a contributor here just like us. Calling someone the b word isn't a nice thing to do, but I think we have all called someone a b at least once in our live's. I don't see the double standard, but I haven't kept up I guess,lol I have seen MANY people here call others names without infractions, and when infractions are handed out it seems it is to those who have gone out of their way to be a continuous troll in multiple posts which is fair. It would nice is everyone played fair without name calling, but every time someone is mean expecting them to be punished is pubescent.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #536
wade
Dean has made some really good points above. The mods have lightened up on profanity over the last year. One of my infractions was for writing a profane word in code. It was rocket science but took a fair amount of effort to see what it said. Things are much more relaxed now than they were.

I don’t know where the rules are. I know profanity is against the rules. I got called out for being “antagonistic toward another member” because I was picking on Vinny for his chicken parts. Those are the only rules I know about and I think they are both good rules. Just what is unacceptable profanity or antagonistic? I guess that is open for interpretation and the discretion of our wonderful mod team.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #537
LBoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle View Post
I think we as adults should be able to share an opinion and not have people freak out even when marginally offensive. I think Susan's bonus comment was racial, and i also do not care that she shared it. It was an opinion and she's entitled to a political opinion even as a mod she is also a contributor here just like us. Calling someone the b word isn't a nice thing to do, but I think we have all called someone a b at least once in our live's. I don't see the double standard, but I haven't kept up I guess,lol I have seen MANY people here call others names without infractions, and when infractions are handed out it seems it is to those who have gone out of their way to be a continuous troll in multiple posts which is fair. It would nice is everyone played fair without name calling, but every time someone is mean expecting them to be punished is pubescent.

You have to spread some rep around before giving it to Danielle again.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #538
snakemom1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBoz View Post
Good grief...if I had to put up with that kind of whining, I'd skip the infractions and just gouge out my eyes with a butter knife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
I'd have taken offense if I'd been called a name like that on here. I have a life elsewhere and don't consider myself thin-skinned. I have a fairly low tolerence for profanity though and may be mistaken as to what is or isn't acceptable on a 'family-friendly' forum.
And yet again I'm being whinny and thin skinned. I"m sorry but being called a B**** is VERY offensive to me and I would hope most women would take offense to it. Apparently this isn't the "family friendly" place some of us thought it was after all.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:37 AM   #539
LBoz
I don't think it's been "family friendly" for a while now.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:37 AM   #540
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemom1961 View Post
So, in your opinion Mike isn't allowed to voice his opinion? He wasn't bad mouthing the mods, just looking for others to apply. After what I've seen in this post alone I can't blame him for wanting some new blood here to maybe be able to be neutral on threads. That's just me and my opinion, and I know my opinion means nothing to anyone but me.
But that's the great thing about this site. We are allowed(or so I thought) to voice our opinions so long as we didn't break the rules.
I don't think the problem was a general, "Is it time for new moderators?" post in the admin section. I believe the problem was him making a post (in jest but read seriously) for NEW moderators as if he had the authority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewispera snr View Post
I'm not trying to lynch the mods....

Please don't use that term. Since it is pointed at a female (a minority) and someone that might be another minority (I haven't met Mike), I take it as a prejudicial slur. I wouldn't have before. But now I am enlightened. Lynch is one of those polite words that shouldn't be used on TV - like snugglebunnies. (Please don't ban me - I just wrote snugglebunny. I didn't CALL anyone a snugglebunny!)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google