• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anyone breed their own mice that live in the northeast Ohio area?

jimmythetiger

I'm not having any luck with the mice I've got, so I want to start over. Anyone out there willing to sell me a couple mice who are proven breeders?

jimmythetiger Im in northwest Oh. but will be going cleaveland show in 2 weeks. if your going to be there i might be able to give a few up. how many are you looking for and are you looking for both sexes.

Eric Swander

how long have you been trying with what you have and whats the problems.

I'll be in cleveland this weekend and can bring a few gravid females with me. Do you have males? These females should be ready to drop in a week or two. I'm leaving by 1 pm today, so if you see this, let me know as soon as you can if you can make that trip.

I have to work this weekend. And I'm not gonna be at the cleveland show this time D:. But yeah, My males give up too easily and my females eat their babies. I'm prolly just going to end up just buying a batch at a local pet store again and start over.

Have you tried removing the females from the colony before they drop their babies? I've had females eat their young on the first round, but after that they usually get the hang of it. What's your male:female ratio? What size bin, etc. I'm pretty sure I've read that stress is a major cause of cannibalism. Wade gives me all my mouse advice...maybe he'll have some insight for you.

I always remove them. My ratio is 1:4 in a 10 gal tank, I have a cheap (10 gal sized) cage that I bought at a pet store and lined with a mesh (bc the bars were too big) and that one's ratio is 1:3. And I also have a 5 gal set aside for expecting mothers. Oh and my cannibal mothers have both done it more than once. I'm also pretty sure 3 of my mice are infertile because all three have been successfully mated with multiple times (plugs and everything) with no babies to speak of.

Back