CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Kentucky copperhead

Old 06-01-2017, 09:49 PM   #1
safire6
Kentucky copperhead

While at my mother in law's house the day before Mother's Day, I found this copperhead between some corrugated steel sheets in the woods. Just after that I stumbled across a 3 ft black snake but didn't get any pics 'cuz it slithered away so fast.

Old 06-02-2017, 04:54 PM   #2
Nanci
Lucky!! I've only found one, ever.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:33 PM   #3
DollysMom
So beautiful. What a wonderful thing to see and great pictures!

Old 06-02-2017, 06:50 PM   #4
Dragonling
Beautiful markings.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:00 AM   #5
kdickens
Nice photos! Yeah, those black snakes are really fast when they want to be. I saw one a couple years ago while on a hike in the woods and it was moving faster than I ever could so I didn't even try taking a pic.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:31 PM   #6
safire6
My wife's family says the copperheads are quite common there. They live about 50 miles south of Natural Bridge KY. Beautiful area. Thanks everyone.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:37 PM   #7
Caryl
Aw, makes me homesick! We don't have them here on the Mississippi coast. I grew up in Indiana, just across the river from Louisville, KY. Copperheads are indeed common there. Gotta be aware of them but they aren't generally aggressive. I wasn't delighted when one of my then-toddlers discovered a baby copperhead in the garage, but it sure was pretty though!