CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Desert Critters

Old 04-05-2015, 11:14 PM   #1
Joba
Desert Critters

I hike on established and well-used trails, so I don't see a ton of reptiles, other than the hundreds of little lizards that dash here and there while I walk. Today, I just about stepped on this nice 6' bull-snake. The pictures aren't very good; quick iPhone shots.

When I followed him into the brush and watched him go under a rock, I noticed a rattlesnake under the rock, too.

Then, almost at the end of my hike I saw this guy.

Last week it was these guys:

Old 04-06-2015, 08:22 AM   #2
Alli_Draggy
I love horned lizards! I miss those little guys. We used to have babies come out every Spring when I was in NM-you'd open your window to get a breeze, and you'd have three lizards sunning themselves on your window sill.

We're going to NV this summer-I'm hoping we'll see some interesting herps.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:18 AM   #3
lannvouivre

Coachwhip! Was pretty tame, never bit me.

I didn't want to make a new thread for these two pictures.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:43 PM   #4
yojoe05
I'm jealous, it's really hard to find any kind of herps around here any more it seems. I don't understand it but they just don't seem to be as abundant as they use to be.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:38 AM   #5
spyderk
Awesome finds, Joba! I'm jealous. My friend that visited Arizona did not have as much luck as you.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:37 AM   #6
Kalista
Sounds like a great hike!

Old 04-19-2015, 09:21 PM   #7
Joba
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderk View Post
Awesome finds, Joba! I'm jealous. My friend that visited Arizona did not have as much luck as you.
Oh, that's too bad. It was really cool to see. I really should do more field herping and actually look for these guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalista View Post
Sounds like a great hike!
Thanks. It was!

Old 05-02-2015, 10:44 PM   #8
Joba
Came across another rattler today. Man, this guy got my heart going. He was not a happy fella. Trying to post the video. It's a terrible video, starting out vertical then I tried to go horizontal and you'll have to turn your head. That's if the video even works. I'll post a decent picture I got of him, though.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:45 PM   #9
Joba
Here's a decent picture I got of him.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:16 PM   #10
cornsnakeforsale_com
Nice chuckwalla. I had a few of those many years ago and they were really cool, but didn't thrive well. Though, maybe I just didn't know what I was doing back then.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google