• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Butt Backwards Corn

1TimeMoM

Ok a normal corn is nocturnal. usually hiding during day playing at night. I think Whiskey is an insomniac. I fed him mon night 2 hoppers and its 1:30 in the evening and he is crusing around his tub like he always does. WTH? unless he sleeps when I sleep I never see him still he is always on the go! Anyone else have a butt backwards corn?

My Boo Radley, whom I so named due to how I never saw him as a hatchling, has been out constantly lately, daytime or nighttime. I'm not complaining; I figure he's just gotten comfortable enough in his home to know he won't be attacked if he ventures out. You may wish to recheck your temps, as excessive heat can make them restless, but other than that, every snake is a little different; some people have snakes they've owned for years that they never see unless they take them out, and other have some that they claim come to the front of the enclosure to "greet" them when they come in the room.

he follows me around the room in his tub. LoL. his head follows me. his temps are good bout 85 to 90 I know a little high but I dont run my ac constantly but I do keep fans on which help circulate air. But Whiskey is always like this even in winter time. hes just Butt Backwards LoL.. Im not complaining either he is the prettiest brightest Amel I have ever seen...

I have an okeetee who's active whenever the hell he wants to be. It'll be super bright in my room and he'll be cruising around. My normal is strictly a night snake. XD

I have a male amel that for some odd reason will be out all day some days, all nights other times. And if im cooking meat well..he wants to know what smells so good.

All three of my corns are like that. They roam the cages during the day, then we turn the lights off @ night, and they disappear.

Give him a large water bowl and see if he sits in it a lot... if so he is probably too hot. He may just be weird too...

Back