CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Corn woes

Old 04-21-2002, 12:26 PM   #11
Herper
bryan

so sorry! i dont own a corn yet but may soon. i think i can uderstand how sad you feel. thnx for letting us know, we really care!

Old 04-21-2002, 04:29 PM   #12
Serpwidgets
Re: Corn woes

Quote:
Originally posted by bozoskeleton
Hi all-

I'm sorry to say my corn has passed on. He hadn't been eating right and regurging almost every meal after about 4 days of feeding. I was even giving it mice that had been born that day so I know the meals weren't too large. Sad sad days..... Hope all is well with you guys.

Bryan
Sorry to hear that.

For future reference, when a corn regurges you need to give it at least a week to recover its digestive juices. After the first regurge, it's not surprising that it couldn't hold down anything else for the next 3 days in a row.

Old 04-21-2002, 05:51 PM   #13
nicky
sniff sniff

so sorry to hear I hope you get anouther

Old 04-22-2002, 01:12 AM   #14
Simon
really sad to hear your loss........hope that everything will go smoothly for you next time.

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

Old 04-22-2002, 01:10 PM   #15
absolutneil
bad luck

Sorry to hear what happened. Don't get discouraged. this is really not a common thing among corns. typically they are problem free.

make sure to get the corn snake manual to insure nothing like this happens again. You'll be fine.

keep on herping!

Old 04-22-2002, 02:54 PM   #16
bozoskeleton
Yeah I've got the Corn manual. I really didn't think much was wrong. Once it spits its food back up I still waited until feeding day to feed again, just to keep it on schedule. Pretty soon here I'll have another one so hopefully it will be a better experience.

Bryan

Old 04-22-2002, 04:44 PM   #17
kellum
Good luck. Keep us posted and post pics when you get a new corn.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google