CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Cage Carpet

Old 04-29-2002, 09:54 PM   #1
Brian
Cage Carpet

I like it. I have four tanks, all with cage carpet. The trick is to have an extra set though. That way, when it gets dirty, remove it and pop in the clean one. Throw the dirty one in the laundry on cold and hang to dry.

Here's something that also works for us. Our four snakes RARELY poop in their cages. I feed them on Friday, let them set for two to three days, lay out a couple layers of newspaper on the floor and then let the snakes out on it one at a time. The kids keep them cornered on the paper and guaranteed within about 10 minutes the tail comes up and they lay waste!

Wad up the paper and bring out the next one.

Old 04-30-2002, 12:28 AM   #2
Iris
Sounds kinda like what I do. 2 days after feeding I take him out and keep a close eye on him while he crawls around a little bit. I have 2 sheets of folded paper towel in my hand. The second he goes still and his vent (and the area before it) starts pulsing, I pick up his tail, slide the paper towel under and just wad it up and throw it away when he's done. Much, much easier than cleaning out the tank every week or whenever he poops.

Old 04-30-2002, 01:42 AM   #3
lynn
It's a very good idea to get them out to do their job's I've done it a couple of time's but what happen's if for some reason you cannot do it, will they still poop in the tank or will they learn only to do it outside the tank and hold onto it?

Old 04-30-2002, 02:23 AM   #4
Iris
I don't think they're THAT intelligent...Mine just goes whenever he feels the need.
It would be nice to train them to poop outside of their tank but...I don't think it's possible. Unfortunately.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google