• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Basic Corn Info

SLAYER85

I have had my eye on a motley thats in a local pet store for some time now, he seems to be approx 10-12 inches long. I havent examined him. Where could i buy bulk frozen mice(any size) over the internet or anywhere? How much does a corn grow in a year. and dont they max at about 5-6 ft?. Thanks,

slayer

lots of places my favorite is Rodentpro.com but Cajun Mice is good as well. It depends their first year if you feed them regularly they can get to 1 1/2 to 2 feet. Most max out at around 3 1/2 to four feet.

Hey Slayer

Before you buy that corn snake at the pet shop consider this.. in Raleigh next weekend there is a reptile show- I'm sure there you can find a much healthier pet, frozen mice, expert advice and a much better deal.

I'll be there looking for a corn snake mainly because the pet stores in my town are death traps and highly priced for snakes of questionable health and genetics.

Thats my 2¢ anyhow.

Good luck

sweeeet

yeah man rock on, thanks, somehow i failed to relate a reptile and exotic animal show with the purchase of one, no matter how much sense that does or does not make i will never be able to explain it.

Extra

Wow, rodentpro.com holy $#*% that is cheap. Say i bought a hatchling - 2 mo old corn, how long should i keep him on pinkys till i move him up to fuzzies?

Exhibitor listing

Check the link above- will show most who will be there several should have corns.

You may not find a spankin' new hatchling though. Seem like breeding season has just started. I hope to find a near yearling which should be better cuz it will (hopefully) already be an established eater. Not sure about the "how long to feed pinkies" question but I think that you find a size until it no longer makes a "lump" in the snake after the feeding. Then you move up to fuzzies, then weanlings and so on. The more experienced folks on the forum can give you better advice on that. Though I wouldn't worry about buying 50 or 100 frozen pinkies, if your like everyone else her you'll be buying more snakes soon enough to eat them all.

Serpenco is going to be at the show, they have a really good corn snake collection, ill be looking for that booth

Back