CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

My first

Old 05-06-2002, 09:34 PM   #1
SLAYER85
Thumbs up My first

My first corn i got this weekend! He is an aggressive son of a bitch! 3 yrs 3.5 ft. he made a jail break in my 50 long and it was coverd by a screen door weighted with books and vhs tapes. this was a temp set up since i havent had a chance to get to pet store. when i found him he was wrapped around my tv. he is aggressive and likes to try to bite, but i love the living hell out of him. i have him in a clear plastic snap pie tin. no bedding but i got him just out of the heat lamp directly so he gets a little heat. he will only be in it another 5 days. if this isent ok let me know ill make special provisions. but other than that, i love him like a son. this summer im going to build a snake shed for a breeding project(8 snake, 2 male 6 female project) this will be fun. thanks for looking,

charles

Old 05-06-2002, 11:42 PM   #2
Simon
I think that the few days without heat isn't going to kill it. Especially if it hasn't eaten anything yet......but after eating no heat is a bit of a problem....since this will increase the chance of regurgitating much more. Anyway try and get it a good 'house' as soon as possible.

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

Old 05-07-2002, 12:33 AM   #3
Iris
Congrats!

Sometimes the feisty ones get more love than the calm ones . I have a bird that bites me whenever my hand goes near him and I love him.
What morph is your new snake?

Old 05-07-2002, 01:49 AM   #4
lynn
congratulations on your new snake. He may settle down when he get's to know you better. Good luck

Old 05-07-2002, 09:50 AM   #5
Elaphe_Mo
Congrats and good luck!

Sometimes you just have to love the fiesty ones. It is always good to have a challenge

Old 05-07-2002, 09:29 PM   #6
SLAYER85
Thumbs up yeah

i dont particuarlly think im going to handle this one. i think that im going to handle him as little as possible. i want to use him to breed, with his fiestyness he should be excellent.

Old 05-08-2002, 04:08 PM   #7
Darin Chappell
Believe me, if he's of a mind to breed, he will whether you handle him or not. If you handle him more often though, he won't be as apt to bite you or someone else if you're showing him to someone. Just a thought in the days of lawsuits in which we all now live!

Darin

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google