• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

(non-reptile) Check out this whale I caught...

SO COOL! It's sad I'm a BC girl and have STILL not seen a whale in the wild... Gotta put that on the "to do" list ;)

Rebecca

I'm not at all positive I'd have been able to withstand the urge to jump in with it. And then I would have died of hypothermia. What a lucky catch!

I've only been that close to orcas. A grey whale would make me faint in excitement. What a cool experience! Thanks for sharing.

Great video. I've never seen grey whales around Oak Bay. I've seen a small pod of orca's not to far from where you were standing. I saw my first pod of orca's this year in Discovery Passage just north of Campbell River last weekend. Ya gotta love Vancouver Island!!!!

That had to be the coolest thing in the world! I've never been lucky enough to see a whale in the wild, I would have been jumping up and down and couldn't have gotten the great footage you did. Thanks so much for sharing that.

Amazing!!! Congrats to you for being in the right place at the right time! :)

There's a place in on Kauai (Poipu, Kauai, HI) that has a place that humpback whales sometimes come close to... but not THAT close! I'm trying to figure out some sense of scale here... about how big do you think the whale was and how deep is it by you (since you were standing on the shore)?

Just amazing!

Thanks folks ! ! !
Gonna be tough to top that one ! :headbang:
If you like what you see you might want to subscribe, more to come.

I'm trying to figure out some sense of scale here... about how big do you think the whale was and how deep is it by you (since you were standing on the shore)?

Not sure about size/length...15 maybe max. 20 feet long ?
Can't say for sure on the depth either...at least 20 feet deep though...but not much more.

Thanks folks ! ! !
Gonna be tough to top that one ! :headbang:
If you like what you see you might want to subscribe, more to come.

Not sure about size/length...15 maybe max. 20 feet long ?
Can't say for sure on the depth either...at least 20 feet deep though...but not much more.
Very nice. Thanks for getting back to me about the sizes... helps me "place things" better. LOL.
I think it's just amazing that you were so close to them... while they're in 20 feet of water and you're ashore. :) Seems like at one point, "he" was less than one of their body-lengths from you.

Back