CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

This is Mona

Old 02-02-2018, 05:36 PM   #21
Shiari
Nina, someone else in Ontario (different city though) just posted a baby identical to yours in a Facebook group, that they were sold as a corn. Consensus there was black or yellow rat.

*edit to add, did you buy your snake from petsmart per chance?

Old 02-02-2018, 06:07 PM   #22
Ninabeena
Yes my son bought it from Petsmart and it was sold as a corn. After looking at many pics, I'm sure she is probably a grey rat or possibly yellow. I won't really know until she grows a bit more into her colours because I know they look totally different as babies. Now I'm thinking that they just label all rat snakes here as corns at Petsmart which is irritating. The next one that I get will definitely not be bought from there.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:15 PM   #23
Shiari
yeah. Sounds like the supplier sent the wrong species to all the stores. Other person is on the eastern side of the province. They have to sell them labeled as what they arrived as for inventory purposes.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:46 AM   #24
Karl_Mcknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
That is extremely rude. Middle 2 are corns. Baby on the bottom lacks head pattern the way many non corn north American rat snakes do.
Because op said there is yellow, and because of the extra peaks, that plus the lack of head pattern points more towards a baby yellow rat snake
LOL, you accuse me of being rude???

I find it extremely rude for somebody such as yourself to tell a young lady the "Corn Snake she bought" is not a corn snake, with no proof what so ever.

She bought a snake at a store. The snake was Advertised as a Corn snake. She paid for a snake she thought was a corn snake. She posted a picture of the snake, that is not at all very good quality. And you come along and tell her it's a Grey Rat snake.

Why not let the young lady "Have a Corn Snake" for crying out loud?

I'll admit it looks similar to a grey rat snake, but it also looks like a corn snake. Some of the patterns and morphs look very similar, as the 4 photos I posted all look similar to her snake too. I have no idea what it is, but neither do you!

As far as I'm concerned, it's a corn snake until somebody "proves" otherwise. And you certainly have proved nothing here, but to be extremely rude yourself.

Old 02-04-2018, 07:42 PM   #25
Shiari
Lying to someone is more rude than telling them the truth. I never admonished her, just informed her that it did not appear to be a corn. It lacks a head pattern. This is NOT a corn snake trait. The saddle shape is not a corn snake trait. Another person in the same province bought a snake from the same chain as a corn that is also clearly not a corn. It happens. Doesn't mean the snake is any less loved. When it matures and clearly isn't a corn would you insist on still lying because the op wanted a corn? A yellow rat needs somewhat different husbandry and they get larger. These are important things to know in order to provide optimal care for a beloved pet. And it is beloved. I provided a graphic and detailed exactly why the op's snake does not match a corn. Plus I have the other person, again in the same province, again from the same chain, who has a snake identical to the op's but with clearer pictures.

Nina. In order to put this to rest would you please get an up close picture of the top of the head of your snake, the eyes, and the markings on the neck?

Old 02-04-2018, 07:54 PM   #26
Karl_Mcknight
but it's not a "Lie" unless somebody can can prove it is!

Just because you say it's not a corn does not make it so. Who are you to say that? Lot's of corn snakes don't have specific markings. They don't always look the way "You" say they should look.

You could look at a thousand different corn snakes, and you'd be lucky to find 2 alike. Any reasonable person should understand that, especially these days with so many breeders, and almost a new morph or pattern emerging every day.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:50 PM   #27
CornsAustria
Karl - maybe you have to go to the optician to check your glasses
as you can see at the pictures the head is different to a corn's head - but if you do better with this I would call it not a pure corn, maybe an hybrid - otherwhise - which CORN do not have hybrid blood in the US ???
Maybe you have to go down from your high horse too and check the pictures again and be honest to yourself

to many maybe's but for me its a very beautyful (hybrid)ratsnake not a pure corn
and I think everyone here in this forum speaks for himself, not that that snake MUST be this or this...

Old 02-05-2018, 01:10 PM   #28
Ninabeena
I am so sorry for causing problems. I never meant for that to happen and I really feel bad about it. I'm not a great photographer and it's hard to get a pic of a wriggly baby so I took these three pics of her in her tub at feeding time. Again, they aren't great pics but hopefully you can see her better in these.

Old 02-05-2018, 01:15 PM   #29
Patmart
I put some pictures on of my 2 corns
But got a very rude comment of Karl so I haven’t put any on since
Don’t worry about upsetting people most people on this site are lovely and will help as much as they can
Just enjoy your new baby
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-05-2018, 01:17 PM   #30
Patmart
PS. Just enjoy her doesn’t matter what she is
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google