CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Best time to feed new baby

Old 03-24-2018, 03:44 AM   #11
mcnann_fam
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandelionDeity View Post
To anyone who knows more about corn snakes (my butter is my first one) is it normal to feed a little over six month old snake a large pinkie once a week? I read somewhere that they're usually on several pinkies to almost a fuzzy by then, but I'm not sure
Ours eats two 1.5g pinkies every 5-6 days and she is between 3-5mths old. I have to find out her exact hatch date this weekend. She isn't quit ready for the single 5g pinkies yet in my opinion.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:38 AM   #12
Twolunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandelionDeity View Post
To anyone who knows more about corn snakes (my butter is my first one) is it normal to feed a little over six month old snake a large pinkie once a week? I read somewhere that they're usually on several pinkies to almost a fuzzy by then, but I'm not sure
You need to check out the Munson feeding plan for corn snakes. A 7 gram corn that's over 5 months old has not grown much. You will have to feed a 2-3 gram pinkie every 4-5 days to get some growth before adding a second pinkie, usually at the 15-16 gram mark. Unfortunately, some breeders keep their hatchlings, or even yearlings, on a maintenance feeding schedule to keep rodent costs down.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:28 PM   #13
DandelionDeity
Okay, somehow something was super wrong with my scale. I messaged the breeder and he said something must have been up so I went out and bought a new one and luckily, it seems like he's actually 20g. I'm glad my scale was off and he's actually good and healthy

Old 03-24-2018, 06:21 PM   #14
Twolunger
That was good news. At this stage you can indeed feed two pinkies every 4 or 5 days. At 24-25 grams your corn should be able to take small fuzzies. Good luck and enjoy your butter.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google