• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Site down on 02-15-2013

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'm partially at fault. Over the last several days I have been trying to trim out unneeded files from all over my server, and apparently some of the image files I deleted were still being used in some of my own posts. So while I tried to find as many as I could in my own archives, I asked the server admin people if they could recover the entire folder holding those images.

I'm not sure what happened, but apparently a permissions setting got changed. Hence the "403 Forbidden" error that everyone was getting when they tried to access the site. I didn't get to bed till around 4 am, and I guess the problem happened pretty soon after that. So of course I didn't catch wind of the problem till I rolled my lazy butt out of bed.

So I contacted the server people and they found the problem and corrected it.

I guess things have been running too smoothly on my server and a hiccup was due.

Anyway, sorry about that. :dunce:

I'm really surprised at how many people thought that they had gotten banned and that was why they couldn't access the site. Maybe I need to read messages in here more closely to see why people would be thinking they MIGHT have gotten banned......... :dgrin:

Back