• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My Corn Poops on Me!

To get her more comfortable, I'd just handle her more. After she poops, and it's safe, sit down with her and watch TV for 30-60 minutes. Try to cuddle her up to your chest, or wind her around your fingers and let her just sit there and observe you. Eventually she will figure out you're not a threat.

Also snakes seem to love back rubs. Combine back rub with watching tv and you are golden. All of our snakes love watching tv or the computer. Though theres always going to be that one snake that poops on you no matter what. They have funny personalities like that.

I have tried sitting with her but she goes straight for the couch crevices... Would it be a good idea to take her to the park and get her some natural sun light. We have the beach here and we like to take our son to the park and the beach. I have been wanting to take her along, I mean I took her to Petsmart with me once and she was pretty chill... I don't want to stress her but I would love for her to get some nice natural sun and also get non-tank air. = D

I have noticed that she does enjoy the back rubs. Lol! That calms my little baby Albino and baby Snow too. For the most part my babies just curl around my fingers and are really cool with the handling. Lol! My Albino has something for my hair, he find his way into my hair and goes up onto my head and chills. He's so cute! He's hasn't pooped on me yet but if it does happen I hope he doesn't get the urge to do so in my hair.

I have another question for you guys, I use coconut hust fiber as a substrate. They really like it and sometimes burrow in it and I like it because when they poop I wait a bit until it dries a little and it's really easy to take it out with a napkin, like kitty litter, it clumps. Is this ok? I haven't had any problems and I feed them in a seperate container with a paper towel at the bottom.

Lotem, my big okeetee, likes it when I wear baggy pants and one of my 2-3 sizes too big Linkin Park shirts. After you're sure there's no poop danger, letting your corn explore the folds of clothes is a calm way to let them move about.

Well sadly Marley went back to his previouse owner. I had received her from a reptile rescue so I returned her to my friend who runs it. She really just did not like me and honestly think she was WAY too stressed. Anytime I would go in to pull her out of her tank she darted one way and another to get away from me and when I finally got her out she would proceed to dart for the couch crevices. If I was standing and had her on my arm she would not even think twice before trying to "jump" off and get away. If I didn't let her go, that is when the poops came. = ( I tried my best at getting her comfortable with me but she really just didn't like me. She stopped eating and when she did eat, would regurgitate the next day. My friend told me that he had never had any problems while he had her so I went ahead and gave her back. I still get to visit her! = ) Too beautiful of a girl but I had to let her go for her own good.

On the other hand, my baby Snow and baby Albino are doing GREAT! I previousely had problems with Ziggy eating frozen/thawed but have now gotten him to take them. (yay!) Bob is a little piggy and doesn't care where he eats as long as he gets a nice tasty pinkie... Last feeding he ate on my hand and didn't wait for me to put him in their paper bag. Lol!:rofl:

Awwww, that's too bad.:awcrap:
My little lavender did the same thing. I just waited for the "thinking pose" and then the belly movements before holding him over a paper towel. That's why I love my Corns so much. They each have such distinct personalities. :)
I even have one that thinks she's an Emerald Tree Boa! lol
Really though, I know it was probably hard, but it was very responsible of you to give her back. I wish everybody would think of their snakes best interest like you did. :bowdown:

Thank you, that eases my guilt a lot. I really thought I would get bashed for "giving up" on her or something. I had her for a few months and I think that was more than enough time for her to AT LEAST not not try to get away from me any time she could. She was just fine when my friend had her... He said that she was a chill snake and was a great eater and never had problems with pooping. I keep saying she just didn't like ME, I don't know what it was but she hated me in particular. She didn't worry me until she completely started refusing every mouse I introduced to her and when I finally got her to eat one (usually ate 2 to 3) she regurgitated it the next morning. = / Well I missed her so much that I went and got a Ball Python, lol! Who is totally the opposite of her... He is a little jumpy but I have only had him for about a week but other than that he is a very chill dude and doesn't poop on me. Lol!

On the other hand, I guess I just will not be able to get away from ALL of the poops as long as I have a snake. I was holding both my baby corns last night and one of them pooped on me. Lol! It had only been 2 days since feeding day so i'm sure I got one of their tummies going with all of the movement. I just don't know if it was Ziggy or Bob.

Its also good you were able to give her back to someone you know will take good care of her and you can still go see her.
Theres so many "rescues" out there that will snag snakes off of craigslist then sell them at a higher price, not caring who they go to or even getting the snake the right care in the mean time.

In other news, my pooper is plotting. He has been wanting out but hasnt pooped yet and he is over due. This is always when he gets out, gets comfy, then gets that look and before I can move him out it comes. >.<

I just got pooped on for the first time on Saturday night. It was pretty hilarious, but I do think I'll try to avoid it in the future. I'm also going to consider it a coincidence that yesterday I suddenly came down with, and am still recovering from, the single worst stomach bug I have EVER experienced. Because, damn, if that snake and that one alone is capable of delivering that high a salmonella dose by means of pooping on a pair of jeans I immediately changed out of, she's a biological weapon!

Hers didn't stink at all, though, just smelled a bit, like normal snake poop. I've yet to be musked. THAT is an experience I'm not looking forward to!

Woah, yes you have to be very careful with these little guys poops. I'm always weary of letting my 3 year old handle my reptiles because of that reason. Even if there is no poo visible on them you have to assume they somehow slithered over some of it and there is always the possibility of getting contaminated.

Congratulations on your first poo. Lol! You will be in for a treat if and when you get musked, it smells REALLY bad. = ) Hope you feel better!

Being new to the corns... the last three poops that i`ve seen... TWO have been on nice blankets and once on my boyfriend. haha.

I hope I don`t get pooped on, but I`m tired of having to wash blankets!

Since we're talking about poop...I've got a question. I'm about to feed my new snake for the first time tomorrow. How long does it normally take for them to poop after eating (if there is a "normal" amount of time)? Do they poop once and are done, or do they poop multiple times. Thanks!

Sounds like musk. Is it brown or yellow?
My corn and royal have honestly never gone on me :)cheers: from me to me) but my new milk, well, I swear to god he does it to torment me!! My very first snake EVER was an incredibly musky, frisky garter snake and I have HATED musk ever since, lol. But oh well, I love him and he's awesome. Oh, and today is going to be his first OFFICIAL handling, not the little handling we are all guilty of that we do before we place the new snake into it's habitat :)

Tonight will be my first handling, too! I put him in his new cage on Sunday afternoon and have been biting my nails ever since....:D

I don't think it's musk you don't notice the smell at all, and from what i've read it seems like it's VERY noticeably.

and it's brown with a little white, I hope that's normal.
Both have poops like this so I assume so.

I don't think it's musk you don't notice the smell at all, and from what i've read it seems like it's VERY noticeably.

and it's brown with a little white, I hope that's normal.
Both have poops like this so I assume so.

Yeah, usually musk is VERY stinky and yellow. Ew... I had to rehome my stinky girl and only have my 2 babies left. Just the other day my Albino decided to take a poo while he was curled up in my shorts. Lol! NOt stinky at all but it was a MESS!:devil01:

My corn hasn't done this. I hold him maybe twice a day for atleast 10mins. I seen fecal/urates in the tank two days after he ate. I'm not sure why it happens to others but someone told me that placing your snake in warm water before you hold it..will let them release and they will be perfectly fine.

However! :grabbit:
I have a bearded dragon who will decide to crap after 10mins of handling. As someone else said...you become so aware of it that you can tell when they are going to do it by physical actions. So what I do is let him have his warm bath and dry off before I touch him. Warm baths seem to release them and then they can relax.

I have yet to find out if my snake will actually do this to me...lets hope not :punch:

have any of you guys who get pooed on tried the tub "training" method?my snake lars used to refuse to poo in his tank and would only poo on me/my blankets/chairs/couches/etc. well i got the advice to put our snake in a tub of 2in. or so of warm water when you take them out, and after swimming in the water for a few minutes the snake will poo. this begins to train the snake of when and where is the right time to go. (make sure you dont use too much water, or too warm of water). of course they should still go in their tank/viv too. but this helps train them that when theyre out, they have one place they should go, and thats a tub of water. try that and see if that works. if you have any questions you can message me. i had the same problem with my corn, he wouldnt poo inside of his tank at all, only on me or my stuff! hope this helps...

Some snakes like certain people over others. Our ball python will let me pick him up and hold him if my husband isn't home. If he is smells or sees my husband the snake will target onto him and reach out for him. The snow corn Balthazar has my scent impressed on him, he will slither all around me and twine around my necklace. He's only pooped on me once while I was wearing clean jeans. My husband says, "I'd rather get bitten then pooped on."

Back