• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

peach hypo what do you think it should be called

Peach hypo what do you think it should be called

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Vinman said:
no the male was a hypo lavender bloodrerd it is Rich Z main breeder male also The male could have been both hypo lavender bloodred and hypo petwer I asked him to prove it out but he didn't
Something doesn't add up. Either the amber was a caramel het hypo, or the male was a lavender/pewter het hypo. I've crossed a pair of hypos that produced normals, too. The reason is that one of them looked hypo but was in fact not a genetic hypo. ;) There are some convincingly hypo-looking snakes out there that are not genetic hypos, and they've fooled some long-experienced breeders. I'd bet this is another one of those cases.

Even if we're talking about two different hypo genes, one of them still was not homozygous hypo as shown by the normal hatchlings they produced. Either way something was misidentified. Was it a non-genetic hypo that looked like a hypo, or a genetic (but not HypoA) hypo that looked like a hypo?

Also, looking back at Rich Hume's hatchlings from his pair of normals, he got amels. This shows that the ultra gene does not exist anywhere in the clutch that produced his peach specimen or their parents, not even as hets.

It is still a possibility (though IMO not likely) that the founding amber was a golddust het hypo. But even if that were true, it wouldn't have affected the outcomes in Rich Hume's clutch.

I just read this statement again and for some reason it really irked me.

Originally Posted by Vinman
no the male was a hypo lavender bloodrerd it is Rich Z main breeder male also The male could have been both hypo lavender bloodred and hypo petwer I asked him to prove it out but he didn't
Ok, so it is just fine for you to demand that someone prove out the genetic background of a snake, but it's not ok when other people ask you to do the same thing!? That is so hypocritical.

Hey Serp, you took the question right out of my mouth. I was wondering if the Amber was a brightly colored Caramel. :) And Vin, my suggestion is if you do want to try recreating this corn or doing a breeding trial, don't use any snake that has SUSPECTED hets. Your snake already has a possibility of having an anery gene in it. Breeding it to a snake that might have A or B is going to make things more difficult for possibly recreating your Trudlefart corn or whatever you decide to call it. :)

If you are wishing to make some big bucks off of a corn like this, I'd breed it to a Blizzard, Snow, and some of the other simple morphs with one of the genes that make up your snake. You'll gain credentials with the true knowledge of what your snake is and you'll know how to recreate it. I know of at least three people that have Caramel/Amber/Lav mixes in the works. When they DO breed their babies and come up with the snakes, if it looks like your snake even remotely, they'll probably be able to come up with a name that sticks and is used. Even if your snake 4 years down the lines is figured out to be the same thing. The name they use will be probably more accepted than the name you picked because those people KNOW what makes up the snake. It is an interesting snake, I hope you will post a post shed pic so that I can really see what happens colorwise.

Personally, I'm thinking that there is ghost in play in there. Just something about how the color looks. Though kinda interesting to see a 'hypo' corn turn ghost as an adult. Ghost Caramel lav? hehe, who knows.

chuck if the hypo lavender bloodred ( HLB as I wiil be refuring to it ) is not a hypo then how come rich is using it to produce his HLB line. He has produced HLB hatchlings with it. Like I mentioned befor there might some unknown factor that might be blocking hypo A crosed to hypo A to produce hypo a. I whish Rich Z would come on here and tell us what he crossed to and his findings. the snake is not in my hands any more. Also did you read all the animals that I produced from him and his brother. chuck I wrote a post to you a while back I'm reposting it.
Chuck as I stated before me and Rich Z had a talk about the hypo gene That there might be a unknown factor that might not let hypo A to hypo A make hypos.
Next year I'm breeding clutch mates to another breeding from the male . from hypo lavender bloodred. crossed to my red female stripe het for blood and anery A.and amel. We will see if they are het for hypo.

then ther is another snake taht I have from that male it is a hypo lavender bloodred crossed to a blood that is het for amel stripe. she was breed to the father of the peach hypo and only 2 eggs hatched one blood and one normal.

I also have 2 other females realted to this project. one is a petwer and a hypoblood. they are from the brother of the hypo lavender bloodred the charcoal ghost breed to his mom. I will be breeding them to the male bloodred het for hypo ,stripe,possible amel,aneryA.

Now here is another twist, the hypos that came out of the parents of the male hypo lavender bloodred and the breeding of his brother, the charcoal ghost to the mom of both males look diffrent that any other hypos that I ever produced from any proven type A hypo. They are more brighter and have more of a fluorescent transparent look to them.

Vinman said:
I'm into making new colors and not to know what is the genetic make up.
The color only looks like a little bit more 'pastelly' ghost that I have, therefore . . .
Vinman said:
I don care if it is high or low price.
. . . I'll give you $150 for the trio that you are trying to sell plus shipping (that's $5 more each from the price I sell my ghosts for). That's about what they are worth since they only have a look and don't have genetics to back them up.

D80

the amber was bough R.Z. and used it to prove out my amber motleys . and the daughter is the mother of my amber motleys.

Vinman said:
I whish Rich Z would come on here and tell us what he crossed to and his findings. the snake is not in my hands any more.
My GUESS is that he's distancing himself from your ranting and ravings! I noticed Rich Hume 100% denied willingness to use the name 'Peach Hypo' something you swore up and down he had helped you coin . . . Interesting!!
:crazy02:
Richard Hume said:
Now as to my opinion as to what the "what is it" snake is - I don't know. Is it an amber lavender? Is it a new (peach) type of hypo, because Vin produced two of them this year. Is it something unique caused by the smorgasbord of genes (including blood, which we know exerts sometimes exotic effects on het animals) in play here? In my opinion, as Chuck and I agreed last year, it has to be proven. My plan all along was to breed him back to his mom (in the hopes of creating more of whatever he is) plus I have a lavender female set aside for him next year, to see if I produce all lavenders. So I'm not ready to to declare it something new. At a minimum, I have to produce a female this male, breed them together, and see if that union creates all of the same animal.

D80

Wow, I'm surprised this thread went bunches more pages since I went to bed this morning.

Why don't we all let this thread die, ignore Vinman & patiently wait for Richard Hume to prove this out? We're all just going round and round in circles.

Snowfyre I for got to add that I had mentioned befor that I will be breeding this to my amber motley when I get my ambers out of that I will breed them back to make peach motleys, lavender motleys and what ever comes out of that project.I hope that the peach is het for bloodred to throw that in the mix

Vinman said:
Snowfyre I for got to add that I had mentioned befor that I will be breeding this to my amber motley when I get my ambers out of that I will breed them back to make peach motleys, lavender motleys and what ever comes out of that project.I hope that the peach is het for bloodred to throw that in the mix

Vinman, why don't you go and turn into a cocktailshaker? If you'd get people to drink your cocktails, they'd get drunk and might be interested in what you have to say about all the nice colors they have!

blckkat said:
Wow, I'm surprised this thread went bunches more pages since I went to bed this morning.

Why don't we all let this thread die, ignore Vinman & patiently wait for Richard Hume to prove this out? We're all just going round and round in circles.
how about you take your own advice. you dont have to go on this thread if you dont want. just unscbscribe from it thank you

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/subscription.php?do=usub&t=40066

Vinman said:
How about you take your own advice. You don't have to go onto this thread if you don't want to. Just unsubscribe from it. Thank you.

I think you need to do that yourself...You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. But don't worry, I'm sure Rich can handle it.

O, and I fixed your spelling/grammatical errors in the quote...It was bugging me. :crazy02:

Vinman said:
chuck if the hypo lavender bloodred ( HLB as I wiil be refuring to it ) is not a hypo then how come rich is using it to produce his HLB line. He has produced HLB hatchlings with it. Like I mentioned befor there might some unknown factor that might be blocking hypo A crosed to hypo A to produce hypo a. I whish Rich Z would come on here and tell us what he crossed to and his findings. the snake is not in my hands any more. Also did you read all the animals that I produced from him and his brother. chuck I wrote a post to you a while back I'm reposting it.
Well, the snake is at least het for hypo, it has produced hypos when bred to hypos. I have no doubt that Rich Z produces hypos with it too. But the question would be if it has been bred to homozygous hypo females, and if a significant number of hatchlings (30-40 or more) have been produced and all of them were hypos.

For example, was he breeding it to a pewter/lavender female that didn't look hypo but was in fact homozygous, and just assuming that the male was the homozygous one and that the female was a het?

There's no doubt that Rich Hume's F1s are het hypo, but the relevant question is whether or not there would be reason to suspect a second hypo-like gene is in play. To that question, we can safely say that it's not ultra, and sunkissed/lava would be pretty obvious at this point since they would have shown up and they are easily picked out as such. So if there IS a "second hypo gene" in play it's something that is a very good mimic of hypoA, and is unknown to anyone at this point, and has snuck its way through all of those snakes. That also would have made Rich Hume's snakes double hets (for two hypos) instead of single hets, and the clutch would have been more likely to produce a much larger number of "hypo-looking" individuals, too. (7/16ths instead of 4/16ths)

I just think, based on what we do know at this point, that the second scenario (which basically requires all of the planets to be aligned) is a lot harder to believe than a scenario where a hypo-looking snake turned out to be "just a good-looking het" (which is something that has happened many times.)

if you want everybody to leave just go yourself blckkat and dont worry where this thread is going take your own advice chuck rich humes all 3 of his snakes are hypo if it were a het he beat the odds

when i asked rich he said it is a hypo . Like I said I whish that he would tell us his findings and if he breed it to some type of hypo to see if all hypos came out or if he got a mixed clutch

Vinman said:
if you want everybody to leave just go yourself blckkat and dont worry where this thread is going take your own advice

Hmm...Now where did I say that I want everyone to leave? Hmm...Looking over a quote of myself...Nope...Not a thing...

blckkat said:

What I did was make a suggestion so as to not continue feeding of the troll (that would be you, Vin).

Besides, when looking at my Karma...It seems that I am definitely not the only one who thinks it. :rolleyes:

Wow.. A lot happened since I went to sleep last night..

Serpwidgets said:
Something doesn't add up.

Do you honestly expect anything to add up from an over-inflated, trumped up human like him?:rolleyes:

And I'd like to add (since I know he'll be reading this post) Vinman, please consider putting a drop of effort into your posts. Using the grammar of a first grader won't get you very far. ;)

hana

this goes out to every if you dont like what I have to say or the way I say it dont bother to watch this thread or come apart of it . just like howard stearn would say if you dont like what you hear turn the dial. no one is forcing you to watch this thread .

Vinman said:
this goes out to every if you dont like what I have to say or the way I say it dont bother to watch this thread or come apart of it . just like howard stearn would say if you dont like what you hear turn the dial. no one is forcing you to watch this thread .

If you cannot figure out how to put together a proper sentence, perhaps you should not bother posting.

I didn't bother fixing your errors in the quote as there are too many, and it would take far longer than I care to spend on this post. ;)

hana

Vinman said:
This goes for to everyone; if you don't like what I have to say, or the way I say it, don't bother to watch this thread or be a part of it . Just like Howard Stern would say, "If you don't like what you hear, turn the dial." No one is forcing you to watch this thread.

Howard has left public radio, and now is only on satelite, which you have to pay to play. Does that mean you're going to leave for a pay to play, because I definitely won't be paying to play with you. :grin01:

Back