CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Hush, escapee and regurgitation expert

Old 04-03-2018, 07:03 PM   #1
Jillian
Hush, escapee and regurgitation expert

So Hush, being the jerk she is, has decided to regurgitate. Her story being that I bought her at a reptile show, brought her home, seven days later fed her, she ate fine. Five days later fed her, groovy times we're good. Five days after that fed her, she decided to be a brat and regurgitate.

Well this not being my first rodeo, I waited 10 days, fed her and poof she kept it down. Waited eight days and went to feed her, she had escaped. Gone for 3-4 days found in my basement, YAY. Waited eight days and fed her. Regurgitation happened two days after she ate. Nutribac has been ordered. Her temp is on point with the thermostat controlling that all. She's in a dark area and I don't handle her. She's housed on paper towels not shavings, as she's new and I want to be sure I don't miss any issues...ie regurgitation.

Soooo question, do you think it's linked to her escaping? She's only wee, a few months at most. I have a dozen or so snakes, I have never had the difficulties that this problem child is presenting. Plus she's my unicorn, pied side blood red, literally a myth in Canada, at least in my parts. It's like I'm cursed with her. But she's my ALL time favourite

Totally following the protocol after 10 days gonna try her with a pink head and nutribac all sliced and diced. Just wondering others thoughts on her royal pain in the assness.

Old 04-04-2018, 12:11 AM   #2
DollysMom
You might want to consult a vet. Multiple resurges are not normal. She’s really beautiful and I hope you find the cause so this can stop. It must be very frustrating. Best wishes.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:40 AM   #3
lilliebell19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian View Post
So Hush, being the jerk she is, has decided to regurgitate. Her story being that I bought her at a reptile show, brought her home, seven days later fed her, she ate fine. Five days later fed her, groovy times we're good. Five days after that fed her, she decided to be a brat and regurgitate.

Well this not being my first rodeo, I waited 10 days, fed her and poof she kept it down. Waited eight days and went to feed her, she had escaped. Gone for 3-4 days found in my basement, YAY. Waited eight days and fed her. Regurgitation happened two days after she ate. Nutribac has been ordered. Her temp is on point with the thermostat controlling that all. She's in a dark area and I don't handle her. She's housed on paper towels not shavings, as she's new and I want to be sure I don't miss any issues...ie regurgitation.

Soooo question, do you think it's linked to her escaping? She's only wee, a few months at most. I have a dozen or so snakes, I have never had the difficulties that this problem child is presenting. Plus she's my unicorn, pied side blood red, literally a myth in Canada, at least in my parts. It's like I'm cursed with her. But she's my ALL time favourite

Totally following the protocol after 10 days gonna try her with a pink head and nutribac all sliced and diced. Just wondering others thoughts on her royal pain in the assness.

I guess sometimes you just get lucky with baby's and other times you don't get so lucky... I've never had a snake regurgitate but I have had them escape and it's nerve racking (especially if you have other animals such as a dog that would literally eat anything) hope you get her to keep it down❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-20-2018, 07:42 PM   #4
Jillian
So far so good

I took her and a fecal sample to the vets. All looks good. She's healthy enough, tests all came back negative. I got her on the regurgitation protocol. She's had a pinky head week one with no regurg. She had half a pink (the remaining from the head) with nutribac on it, that was five days ago. No regurg.

I'm hopeful that she was just being a jerk to go along with her being an already difficult snake.

I'm keeping to the regurgitation protocol though. Not taking any chances with this darling. Pictures over the last two weeks. She's so pretty.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:44 PM   #5
Jillian
Wrong picture

Realized I posted a duplicate. Meant to post this picture instead. lol

Old 04-21-2018, 12:07 AM   #6
DollysMom
She’s really pretty and sweet looking. Glad the vet check went well and that she’s keeping the head down.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google